Tesoro and Nugget Shooting??

W

WyoGold

hello,

this being my first post i would like to say how informative this forum has been as of late. I have a couple of questions? I have been stressing and analyzing which detector to buy and its between a few tesoro models and a Whites MXT. Why i'm stressing is that i like the way the mxt handles different types of detecting with the 3 mode feature (coins, relic prospecting) but am a little iffy about the price. Here the main question, are any of the tesoro models very good at nugget shooting besides the Lobo ST which is designed for finding nuggets, for example the Tejon, Deleon or cortes. I guess i basically want a good MD that can find coins but can find the occasional nugget when i get "Gold Fever". Price, field tests and warranty have me pretty much dead set on a tesoro but the MXT has me thinking .

Your comments and Ideas are Greatly appreciated

thanks
Wyo

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LST for me,small coil and you have the best of all worlds in one-lifetime warranity,great gb,finds tiny nuggets,great on coins or relics and I ain't no salesmen.I've been detecting over 40+ years and I like it!!!Tons a au 2 u 2-John ;D

jtaylor

Jun 11, 2004
The Lobo will do all of the above for you . I have found as many as 8 coins in 1 hole under a fruit tree w/ mine. Then I found some pickers with it also around friend's gold claim. I even found some tiny old boot tacks n the dirt from the old gold miners boots. The Lobo is pretty sensitive ,recommend getting some good ear phones to use on Lobo . Good Prospectin'

OP
OP
W

WyoGold

thanks Guys, bought the MXT and found a picker the first day out, was happily supprised by the sensitivity of the MXT.

thanks for your opinions
WYO

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Love my MXT, great M/D. You can also buy a smaller coil that works great for prospecting.

Good Luck
49er

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wyo,

I'm glad it's working out for you. Where I nugget hunt VLF's can't operate: the ground it far too hot. It's strictly SD or GP country. So, it's nice you have a place with milder ground, and I believe the MXT is quite a versatile machine, from what I've read of others that have one, especially if you're planning on coin shooting as well.

Steve Hershebach up on the Alaska Gold Forum has written up quite a few posts about the MXT, and he's real knowledgable on his detectors. Zip over to his posts and if there's something specific you want to know about your machine, just ask--he helps others out all the time.

Lanny

ghost surf

Dec 11, 2004
I would find an old ring with gold and dig it in the ground and see what the machine can do! I like Tesoro..mine works well I have had it for 10 + years now and it does the job..They have a new machine out now that is water proof up to the box..I may look at it..The company in Arizona is really nice and is very freindley and helpful too..And they have always backed thier word!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions