Greenie
Mar 25, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP
Tesoro Cutlass
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today on my day off I decided to go thrift shopping. I have this route I take and stop at 5 different thrift shops. I have been wanting to get a metal detector real bad lately so I was specifically looking for one, however I had never seen one at a thrift shop before so I knew my chances would be slim. After looking for a couple of hours I finally got to my last stop, a Goodwill. I cruised through the electronics section pretty quickly, my hopes diminished after the last four shops turned up nothing. I was about to walk out then looked over at the spot where they keep the mops, brooms, crutches, etc. A METAL DETECTOR!!! My adrenaline started going as I got closer. Does it work? Is it a credible brand? I got closer and saw the words "Tesoro Cutlass" and broke out in a huge grin! I got exactly what I wanted, and it was only $10!!!! I'm pretty happy still, and got to try it out for a few hours. It's nothing fancy but it works well, picking up rice-sized metal. Anyone have any experience with this detector? I wonder if it detects gold!

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was it the umax? Nice score either way, it should give you hours of enjoyment and at 10 bux it will pay for itself in no time.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find and for only $10 (if it works) you can go to 2-3 wood chip playgrounds and make it pay for itself, then everything else id profit!!!! Welcome to TNet and welcome to metal detecting!!!

OP
OP
V

verbalexost

Greenie
Mar 25, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP
Tesoro Cutlass
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was it the umax? Nice score either way, it should give you hours of enjoyment and at 10 bux it will pay for itself in no time.
I don't believe it is a uMax. I did some googling and I think its just the very first, original version of the Cutlass. It seems to be a decent little detector though!

'bulaDirtDog

Jan 12, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Discovery 3000(AKA a Sharpshooter II w/volume control)LOL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find at a Great price!! Any pics you can post?

OP
OP
V

verbalexost

Greenie
Mar 25, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP
Tesoro Cutlass
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting