What's new

Tesoro Mojave hunt today

Welgund

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2014
Messages
355
Reaction score
478
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug this 1898 indian in heavily mineralized soil at about 6 inches for those wondering how deep the Mojave is in 3 bar f75 soil.
 

Attachments

  • 20170214_122033.webp
    20170214_122033.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 471
Damn! That's really good for a 7 inch search coil in that type of soil. I love finding Indian Head pennies. Big Congrats!

tabman
 
Ok it is even deep in high mineralization is it because of the help of this thin 7" coil as well then compared to the Compardre ED 180 circuitry and if you were to stand up that coin find with a 5.75" or 8" how would the Mojave compare to this or is it with the help of that thinner 7"?? Or is it all about weight when they designed it...it does have the word Precision on it. What discrimination settings where you on with that find, 3 bar what does that mean high end PT or low end PT? and what is F75 soil, 75% high iron?? Or where you comparing this with .1 (3bar) Fe03 (iron oxide) with your F75 detector is what I am thinking. If so that is darn good.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/tesoro/530736-mojave-7-epsilon-coil.html
 
Last edited:
3 bars on the F75 fe bar graph. Yes my colorado soil here on the western slope is very unforgiving. It is high in alkali with patches of the crap all over. Regularly GB on all machines in the upper 80s to 90s. I was very impressed with the depth of the Mojave compared to a Compadre.
 
3 bars on the F75 fe bar graph. Yes my colorado soil here on the western slope is very unforgiving. It is high in alkali with patches of the crap all over. Regularly GB on all machines in the upper 80s to 90s. I was very impressed with the depth of the Mojave compared to a Compadre.

Did you have the ground condition switch set at 'low' or was it set on 'high'?

tabman
 
It was set on high, only way I can hunt with it here. When I set it on low here in my soil it just makes a bunch of racket.lol set on high though it's nice and quiet.
 
It was set on high, only way I can hunt with it here. When I set it on low here in my soil it just makes a bunch of racket.lol set on high though it's nice and quiet.

Thanks for the info! It's amazing that the Mojave got that much depth set on high in that bad soil. I'll be out swinging away tomorrow.:hello2:

tabman
 
Woohoo!

While I'm here, I tried to watch a few videos on the Mojave.

Looks like they installed that darn gut wrenching Compadre battery check at turn on?
 
music to your ears..?

Woohoo!

While I'm here, I tried to watch a few videos on the Mojave.

Looks like they installed that darn gut wrenching Compadre battery check at turn on?

Ahhh...the classic battery check song, sung by only the finest Tesoros.
I can't put my headphones on 'till they're done singing. :sunny:
 
Ahhh...the classic battery check song, sung by only the finest Tesoros.
I can't put my headphones on 'till they're done singing. :sunny:

I like my Silver uMax battery check......
:)
 
I really like the audio tone of the Mojave through my Killer B Wasp headphones, but I don't much care for it through the speaker. It's a difference of night and day.

tabman
 
I think Killer b's make all my Tesoros sound better. It's sad when you get used to them, then have to switch over to a set of cheapos... Makes it tougher to hear the more subtle scratchiness of partially rejected targets.
I really miss my Kb's, but they should be back by the time our rain stops, in a few days.
Had to send mine in for cord repair. :-\

Good thing is, my Mojave should be here today!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom