What's new

Tesoro Sand shark finds

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2012
Messages
1,468
Reaction score
644
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
Finding so much more with my Sand Shark! I can't imagine how much I missed before I had one.
VCO mode is my best friend. I am so glad I gave Tesoro a chance as my finds have tripled since I made the switch. This has been a great start to a new year and my shark is on top of it! VCO draws you right to the targets even at a unbelievable distance away. I hope my progress continues and I stay on the path of recovering objects daily. PI's are tuff when digging all objects but I'm really getting used to the tones now and am getting a feel for what sounds are what before I dig.
Here are a few new finds that my shark has been bringing in!
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20130103_195702.webp
    ForumRunner_20130103_195702.webp
    40.4 KB · Views: 285
  • ForumRunner_20130103_195927.webp
    ForumRunner_20130103_195927.webp
    48.5 KB · Views: 593
  • ForumRunner_20130103_200013.webp
    ForumRunner_20130103_200013.webp
    16.8 KB · Views: 273
  • ForumRunner_20130103_200056.webp
    ForumRunner_20130103_200056.webp
    64 KB · Views: 319
Upvote 0
lost items recovery said:
Boss diver.
I'm sure you'll be more then pleased with your SS. It will so be worth the wait! Low and slow. Get that thing wet where it will thrive.
Good luck!

Looking forward to wading out into the gold!
 
Here are the settings I hunt in. Copied my buddies and you wouldn't believe me if I told you how much he's found!!

ForumRunner_20130106_155342.webp
 
lost items recovery said:
What state are u in?

Guam. SS arrived today! Ill mimic your settings and head to the beach this weekend. Thanks!
 
These settings were recommended to me from my hunting buddy who has great success and I as well have had a great experience with. Good luck hunting and show us what you find!
 
sic sic sic machine - look at da treasure!!!!!!!!! and it is pick up and go - but experienced punters will tell you there is a learning curve to be had if the best is to be achieved with it......
 
I changed my SS settings to what is shown in the photos and found a gold ring pretty quick!
 
Nice finds. I use a Sand Shark myself for the last year or so. Found my first bronze ship spike a few weeks back, in an area you wouldn't expect.
 
Last edited:
lost items recovery said:
These settings were recommended to me from my hunting buddy who has great success and I as well have had a great experience with. Good luck hunting and show us what you find!

Will do.
 
Awesome finds like this one from today:


ForumRunner_20130108_161815.webp
 
Congrats! Interesting find looks like Tiffany!
 
Wow diggummup! And I thought I had found a tiny village..
 
Book says the SS should beep as I pass directly over the target. Doesn't happen for me. Any thoughts?
 
Is it in vco mode or normal -you don't have that switch on 'off' do you? Batteries are in it correctly?
 
Gives a good high tone on approach but no beep.
Yes, it's on and batteries are installed correctly. :)
 
The sound you're hearing is the 'beep' the manual speaks of. It is a gradual 'weee' sound, depending on how fast you're moving the coil, and that's after listening to the the constant mosquito-in-your-ear sound.
Too bad its not a 'beep-beep' like the Road-runner. It'd be more pleasant. Haha
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom