What's new

Tesoro Silver uMax vs Ace 250 ??

Thigh66

Full Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2006
Messages
168
Reaction score
212
Golden Thread
0
Location
CT
Detector(s) used
Legend & Simplex +
I own a Ace 250 - saw an impressive youtube demo of a guy demonstrating the iron masking ability of the Silver vs the Ace...

The iron laden soil here in CT has me curious... Opinions?
 
yes. havent seen the video.
tesoro wins hands down.if your not too proud to own a point and shoot detector
of course i own one.
tried a friends 250 and was NOT impressed.poor depth comparatively.
about the only thing i liked about it was the ringing tone on good hits
sounds like u hit a vegas jackpot on every good target.
in test comparisons the tesoro is the ONLY budget MACHINE ON THE MARKET
that comes close to minelab depth [LARGE COIL]
also great ez pinpointing
i use my silver umax for surface coins and ez jewelry. lets me clear an area fast
then i go to the etrac BY MINELAB and go for the deeper targets
im gonna get less hits so its worth the minelab slow tedious 2 button pinpointing
together they are the perfect team for me.
 
Appreciate the input scrounger!
 
I do not have the silver, but my Tejon discriminates great!
 
I have been pondering on which one of the two to pursue buying to. I have read tons of post on the 250 but, when I made a similar post everyone pushed towards the silver umax. I have to believe in the umax. overwhelming response.
Thanks,
MM
 
HI HO SILVER!!! AWAY!!!!!!!!!! GREAT CHOICE IN MY OPINION!
 
I have them both. I have probably hunted with the ACE 250 as much as anyone on the site. I think the Umax will mask iron better than the ACE. The Umax is much simpler to use but is lacking in ability to "identify" your target. Identifying a target is never perfect, but the ACE is better. Depth? I can't tell any difference if you use the ACE in all metal it is just as deep in my experience. If you like icons and LCD readouts, the ACE is for you. Some people don't and then the Umax is your choice. Some people complain about not being able to pinpoint accurately with the ACE but I have never found that to be a problem for me. The Silver Umax has no pinpoint feature and you have to use the old exing method of pinpointing. The ACE has multliple tones and the Umax is pretty much the same tone on all hits. It also lacks a depth indicator that the ACE has. Not necessarily a handicap unless the target is really deep and then it's a guessing game. So, half dozen of one, six of another. I think the ACE is a little more sophisticated and is more readily able to turn on and go. So, I'd say go with which ever one you could get the best deal on. That could include extras like a second coil or a carry bag, etc. Monty
 
The Silver is generally a better detector. It can be used in more places than the Ace because of the fact that it can be adjusted better and can be used on a wet salt sand beach where the Ace has more trouble. i'd go with the Ace if you like target ID and the Silver if not.
 
I have the silver and love it too, seems like I dig deeper targets than my 2 bounty hunters...
 
excellent feedback - thanks to all!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom