Tesoro user, but Im looking at a Lab

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
Tesoro user, but I'm looking at a Lab

I am just curious, if I were to get a minelab, and sky's the limit on price, what should I look for as far as model/type. I understand how general this question is, but the Explorer SE keeps looking better & better. I guess I am curios about features, learning curve, and accessories(extra coils & such). Just curious, and I figured this would be the place to ask. I just don't wanns get caught up with those "white's" guys, they're all crazy.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Tesoro user, but I'm looking at a Lab

People have preferences, Whites guys included. Nobody is wrong in the choice of detector if that's what they learn to use.

The SE is one fantastic detector and some say hard to learn. You get out of it what you put into it. If you only use it some weekends it will take you a lot longer to learn. There are extra coils, but I'd only get a smaller one if I were you. Later you can get the bigger babbies if you want or need to cover huge areas like pastures. Read the field tests and the posts many make here.

Good Luck,
Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread