Tesoro Vaquero vs Silver uMax on depth??

SwampHunter

Mar 6, 2007
Samuel Watson's Old Place
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher 1265X, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
I have the Silver uMax with the 10x12 concentric. I am thinking about getting a new Tesoro. I have been looking at the Vaquero. I am in a spot where I need a deep seeker. The Silver with the 10x12 is a good machine, but I need to go a bit deeper. I know ground balance for supertuning would be a plus in getting more depth. I won't be able to buy a new coil for quite some time. Will the stock 9x8 Monolithic Coil on the Vaquero out perform the Silver with the 10x12 coil on depth?

basstrackerman

Feb 15, 2007
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
from what i have heard the silver with the 12x10 coil is very deep. ive had a vaquero and its very deep too. now i have the silver but dont have the 12x10 coil yet and with the brown 8 in. coil ive dug over 8 inches on a ring.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
SwampHunter said:
I have the Silver uMax with the 10x12 concentric. I am thinking about getting a new Tesoro. I have been looking at the Vaquero. I am in a spot where I need a deep seeker. The Silver with the 10x12 is a good machine, but I need to go a bit deeper. I know ground balance for supertuning would be a plus in getting more depth. I won't be able to buy a new coil for quite some time. Will the stock 9x8 Monolithic Coil on the Vaquero out perform the Silver with the 10x12 coil on depth?

I doubt the Vaquero with stock coil will even match the Silver with 10x12.

Probably the only way to beat the Silver setup would be to move on to a Minelab GT, Explorer, Nautilus IIb, etc.

But I'm not really positive even they would beat it.

I got my Explorer XS by partly trading the fellow my Silver uMax with 10x12 concentric coil. He was going to sell the Silver to a friend. He tried it first and decided to keep it for himself.

The Silver uMax with the 10x12 found lots of coin sized targets for me in the 10+ inch deep range. It's mega fast in recovery and super easy to learn.

But in our area we have sandy mild soil for the most part.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions