Tesoros New RSD 11 x 8 Inch Widescan Search Coil

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro's New RSD 11 x 8 Inch Widescan Search Coil

Has anyone been using one? I have one, but I haven't used it much since I've been hunting mostly small trashy sites lately. My testing has been really good so far and I really like it's super light weight.

I have some large opens area sites in mind that I'd like to see how the new wide-scan coil will handle them. Right now I have the new search coil hooked up to my Vaquero and it's hitting really deep with it.

I've been wanting a light weight search coil that goes deep and covers a lot ground with each sweep for large open areas. I never did take a liking to Tesoro's 10 x 12 DD coil because of its weight. It made the µMax detectors feel a little nose heavy for my liking.

tabman

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tab, I have that coil and really like it a lot. It is really deep and sensitive to tiny gold to. The separation on that coil is really good also so don't be afraid to try it on moderately trash sites also.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its a great coil! I agree on the weight of the 12"x10" coil. Just too heavy on the Vaquero and Tejon.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used the new coil on the Vaquero a few weeks back on both the wet and dry sand of the OBX.....it worked great!

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Using my postal scales:

Without the coil cover it weighs 14.4ozs. With the coil cover it weighs 16ozs.
By comparison the 9 x 8 inch concentric coil without the coil cover weighs 13.4ozs and with coil cover it weighs 15.7ozs

These weights are with the short cable.

tabman

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You live in Memphis. I would wake up some morning before daylight , head out on U.S. 72 East and roll over to Corinth Miss. Anywhere you can put a coil on the ground with permission is good civil war hunting. You are about 25 years too late for the good hunting where you could fill your pockets but and ground within 5 miles of downtown Corinth is great hunting. Just find a big soy bean field . They will be cutting them this fall. This is where that wide scan will shine

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You live in Memphis. I would wake up some morning before daylight , head out on U.S. 72 East and roll over to Corinth Miss. Anywhere you can put a coil on the ground with permission is good civil war hunting. You are about 25 years too late for the good hunting where you could fill your pockets but and ground within 5 miles of downtown Corinth is great hunting. Just find a big soy bean field . They will be cutting them this fall. This is where that wide scan will shine

Actually, I live in Germantown, TN, it's a small town that adjoins Memphis. We have civil war stuff here as well as in Memphis if you know where to look.

I see that you live in Chattanooga, TN. I travel through Corinth at least 6 times a year visiting relatives up on Sand Mountain, AL where I was born and partially raise. The town where I was born is around a half hour drive SE of Chattanooga, TN. I can remember as a little boy taking truck loads of watermelons with my uncle to the farmer's market in Chattanooga. It's really beautiful country up that way!

tabman

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I just ordered the 8x11 rds coil for my tejon. I plan on making it the permanent coil considering I will just be using the tejon for relic hunting and other places where I just need to go deep. I'll let you know how I like it.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I put the new coil on yesterday. The cable seems extremely long. :dontknow:

It worked pretty good though. I found a couple of wheats in a park that we have hit a few dozen times. I couldn't tell any difference in the weight compared to the original coil.

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
8' cable for some reason. Don't see many selling it with the short cable and I'm not sure why????
that is because most people want the short cable one. so, tesoro will only produce a few of those and flood the market with long cable ones. all this time waiting for the new machine. they come out with a "reinvented" nel coil and put RSD on it like it is something new. then change the color of machines that have been made for years. that is pure genius there. how can other companies possibly compete with thinking like that? as the saying goes, if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullcrap. it is the bizzaro world of business. you know, where up is really down, left is really right, etc. haha

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is because most people want the short cable one. so, tesoro will only produce a few of those and flood the market with long cable ones. all this time waiting for the new machine. they come out with a "reinvented" nel coil and put RSD on it like it is something new. then change the color of machines that have been made for years. that is pure genius there. how can other companies possibly compete with thinking like that? as the saying goes, if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullcrap. it is the bizzaro world of business. you know, where up is really down, left is really right, etc. haha

That sounds about right! While others are producing new MACHINES Tesoro introduces a new coil & a new color choice of existing machines? This after over 2 years of hearing about this new(?) Cazador.

Last edited:

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That sounds about right! While others are producing new MACHINES Tesoro introduces a new coil & a new color choice of exiatimg mqchimes? This after over 2 years of hearing about this new(?) Cazador.
if or when it does come out, sure will lack something. like manual GB in one mode only, coil will be hard wired so you can't change it, won't be waterproof, have a rechargeable battery pack that won't recharge after a few years and the pack will not be covered under the warranty. one small thing will be the difference between it being just another good machine or a truly great one. lol.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post deleted, please remember no advertising non supporting vendors....

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Search, the Tesoro RSD 11 x 8 inch DD search coil with the short cable is readily available on the net.

tabman

Curbdog

Feb 1, 2012
North Mid,TN
Detector(s) used
Makro Kruzer, Quest Q20
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I want one for my Bandido II uMax. For some reason I think it would be a killer combo!

DannyB1954

Nov 29, 2015
Pahrump, Nv.
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, DFX, V3i. TDI SL
Fischer F-75, F-19, CZ7a Pro.
Garrett Infinium, ATX
Nokta AU Gold, Racer, Simplex, legend
Minelab Explorer SE
Tesoro Lobo ST, Tejon, Compadre
Teknetics Omega 8500
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I put a 11 x 8 on my Lobo ST. It works well if there is not a ton of trash. A DD coil has a knife edge pattern instead of a cone, but if there is trash in that pattern having a DD doesn't help. Turning 90 degrees and swinging helps, but you are not going to do that every stroke. The discriminator of the Lobo is not made for parks anyway. I have to crank it up to max to stay away from pull tabs. I am thinking about a Tejon or Vaquero with a concentric coil. Right now I have 3 coils for the Lobo, so having 4 coils to use between 2 machines would be nice.

KennyD

Apr 25, 2013
Belleville, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3, Tesoro Vaquero, Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got a new black vaquero with the 8x11 coil. This thing a beast! Much deeper and faster than my old Vaquero.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does this new coil better for locate buried treasure? I had receive their new catalog and while I was planing to purchase a Vaquero for deep single coins and buried treasures in Connecticut, next year, I would like your comments comparing the Vaquero and the Cortes for my needs. Price is not a problem. Which one is the most easy one to learn and use?

JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejón Black with a 5.75 concentric coil,
Tesoro Compadré 5.75 coil, Makro Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it is 42 inches instead of 36 inches.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread