What's new

Test Strips Metal Detecting

chirper97

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
486
Reaction score
172
Golden Thread
0
Location
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this suggestion for metal detector testing and practice several years ago, and made several strips. There is duct tape on both sides.
The enclosed items can be labeled, scanned, and then for a test, flip the strip unlabeled side up, and identify.
TH strip 1.webpTH 2.webp
 
Last edited:
Always good to learn tour machine and your targets
 
I like that method of testing, Thank You for sharing! :icon_thumleft:
 
I like it ! In the old days people would glue variou metal targets onto paint stir sticks for test strips .
 
I made 7 strips, each about 6 feet long, and included various challenges including, for example, covering silver dime with pull tab. Separation was about 14 inches between affixed targets. Very handy for learning and refreshing skills of target ID.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom