✅ SOLVED Test your skills on this one! Spent years trying to ID this.

musclecar

Oct 15, 2006
Nampa Idaho
Detector(s) used
White MXT
I found this in Alaska about 10 years ago, and have never been able to ID it. It is an aluminum piece, about 3 inches square. It has 15 teeth and is numbered 1-15. There is a stop preventing it from spinning freely. The back has two tabs that may have been used to mount it. ANY GUESSES?

Thanks,

MC

PS The quarter used for size was found yesterday! 1935S Yeah!

Attachments

• dial1.jpg
    dial1.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 40,796
  • dial2.jpg
    dial2.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 38,901
  • dial3.jpg
    dial3.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 38,912
OP
OP
musclecar

musclecar

Oct 15, 2006
Nampa Idaho
Detector(s) used
White MXT
As the starter of this "what is it", I need to
congratulate everyone who spent hours researching. I had no idea it would be such a sensation, or have a record number of people view, and reply to it. So many people spent hours and hours researching. To finally have someone submit a valid solution, is a great feeling!.... That is the reason why we submit our "what is it's". It is a good thing that it was solved before someone sent it to the Tonight Show. Because Conan Obrian would have called it a booger counter or something like that.
THANKS ALL! MC

Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And...."Thank God now I can remove it from """My computer Screensaver"""....LOL...Great Job All!!!! :laughing7:

Upvote 0

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
traderoftreasure said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Lets bring back the Piggnutts so Bramblefind can get a crack at it.
:wav: :clock:

I wonder why she hasn't ID'ed the piggnuts already :dontknow:

Upvote 0

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey gang,
I still have this device and will sell it to anyone interested.

This was the most researched item and longest running "What is it" thread on T-net.
Took 4 years to solve.

In case anyone is doubtful that I am the present owner of the device I would refer you to two posts, #1 is the one where "musclecar" had listed it on ebay and #2 is where I posted being the winner of the auction. (other proof exists in later posts)

Really want this rare item (the only one known to still exist) to find a good home.
Giving T-netters first chance, otherwise it's going on ebay.

Pm me if interested will sell to highest offer over $20 Free shipping

Thanks,
GG~

#1 http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/w...one-spent-years-trying-id-39.html#post1140001

#2 http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/31485-test-your-skills-one-spent-years-trying-id-42.html#post1176869

Last edited:
Upvote 0

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I buy it I'm going to bury it in the beach and start this all over again

Upvote 0