TESTING FOR GOLD

frank

Sep 4, 2004
N.W. Arizona
Detector(s) used
ML 3500,Whites GMT,Gold Bug I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get yourself a tiny piece of raw / natural gold to test it with. Air test and then bury the piece in the ground to get a better more accurate reaction.
Gold is usually found in some harsh mineralised soil conditions which will differ from state areas. And that will knock the hell out of your test results anyway when it comes to the "real deal".

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft
You would be better off using a NICKEL to test with.

Similar Response to gold.

Attachments

• discrimination_curve.jpg
    discrimination_curve.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 403

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
homefires said:
You would be better off using a NICKEL to test with.

Similar Response to gold.
Homefires,
VERY interesting graphs! Where did you find them? I would very much wish to look into the origins/detector. BTW, Say hi to Wes over at Big-O tires. Tell him I'm the one he let work on my truck on his lot. I bought the crew lunch afterwards. Great dude! Great town! TTC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
homefires said:
TerrryC:

These are Photo's off a O-Scope!
Ok, Technogeeks!
Let's hook the scope to a detector, route it through a pc and run with it! I'll be first in line with the bucks! Thanks, Homefires. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread