What's new

Texas Highway Rest Areas - Is Metal Detecting Allowed?

I have wondered the same thing when passing the old rest stops along I-45 north of Huntsville. A couple years ago they shut the one on the north and south bound lanes down and built a new one at a different location. Then they tore down the old facilities. Just wonder if anyone would really care if the old areas are hunted?
 
It is still best to know what rules apply and where.
I doubt anyone would care that much,
but there is always that rule that says ...
"Ignorance of the law is no excuse."

I sure would hate for any of my T-Net frriends to end up in a jam.
because they got a bit sideways of those rules.

Good hunting and stay safe.
Thom
 
You might try a pro-pointer instead and a small shovel.
 
Well, the way I think about the question just might offend some, but the State of Texas owns NOTHING!!! We the people that pay the taxes owns it! Yes, I know there are laws about historical and state parks and other areas and I have no issue mostly with that. But, the roads of Texas are PUBLIC property! Road 'right of ways' are public property and I have hunted hundreds of them, cities and out of town. These roadside parks are not designated "State Parks"! Now having said all that I will check with the state Highway folks tomorrow. And the State Parks and Recreation also.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom