Thank you, folks!

Ronson

Jul 17, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to say "thanks" to all y'all for posting your daily finds and what-not... had a discouraging morning yesterday, digging through some brutal North Texas clay & rock at an old WW2 POW camp site, here in Dallas, where it's more than a little warm, this time of year... pulled nuthin but some odd rusty steel/iron tines and a broken piece of an aluminum lid or cover of some sort, and I gotta admit, I drove home feeling pretty low about the whole dang morning.

I've yet to find anything of value besides clad (at the beach) and no real relics to speak of (at the farm), but I've got less than 30 hours hunting experience in, so I know I'm still paying my dues and getting more smarterer and all that. Shoot, I'm still picking up the lingo!

Anyways, I grabbed a shower, tried to shake the morning off, and plopped down to read the new stuff on the forums.

And y'all's finds and stories really inspired and recharged me.

Made the decision to go back out to the POW site, but after a hard rain, in the hopes that the dirt will soften up a bit... heck, maybe they'll even mow the grass out there! Then I sat back down to research some other possible dig sites within a couple hours of me, and found one I can't wait to hit.

I don't live in an area where there was a lot of Civil War activity or Mexican-American War activity or (it seems on the surface) any real activity of any sort... but that's nuts, of course. Just a matter of sussing it all out. But I prolly wouldn't continue doing so, right now, were it not for the recharge y'all's posts provided.

So, again: thank you. I'd say something pithy about how y'all are the real treasures, but I ain't that sappy. ;)

Upvote 7
Go slow and use full sensitivity and dig the deep questionable signals

I'm guessing your POW site was an internment camp for Japanese ,or German Americans- interesting site, kind of a sad chapter in
American history . Good luck ! could be some good finds there for sure .

You're gonna be just fine! , take the time to get to know that ace350, it's an awesome machine, used mine for just over a year w great results

Be sure to update us on your results

Go slow and use full sensitivity and dig the deep questionable signals

I'll absolutely do that, next time I'm out there... I just need to get better at differentiating between the good signals and the phantom signals that I seem to get a lot of, when I've got the sensitivity cranked all the way up.

I'm guessing your POW site was an internment camp for Japanese ,or German Americans- interesting site, kind of a sad chapter in
American history . Good luck ! could be some good finds there for sure .

That was what I thought, but the truth is even stranger: it was a POW camp for officers from Rommel's Afrika Korps.

You're gonna be just fine! , take the time to get to know that ace350, it's an awesome machine, used mine for just over a year w great results

Be sure to update us on your results

Thanks CJ, will do!

Good Luck, Bud!! The finds are there.............NOBODY gets 'em all! Just keep "pluggin' away"! :occasion14:

Got to take the good with the bad and vice versa.Watch the video below Ronson,its amazing.Its about a POW camp,but in Germany.Ever see the movie the "The Great Escape" well this is it.Its pretty amazing.

It took me three Months to get to the good stuff. And this site and it's cast of characters, was my inspiration to keep looking.

Keep Plugging away.

HH
MariposaGold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back