What's new

Thank You Lorrain! Six-Cents and a Connecticut Spoon!

Terry Soloman

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 28, 2010
Messages
21,755
Reaction score
35,423
Golden Thread
1
Location
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, the wife's business meeting banged through quickly, and the thunderstorms seemed to be holding off, so we jumped in the car and headed to Connecticut. Thanks to Lorrain, I tried a new beach near Bridgeport. Hit it right at low tide and got in two-hours while the wife took a powerwalk. The sun burned through the fog around 12pm, and I had to knock off about 1pm, to get the Mrs. back for her afternoon meeting. Got my first spoon (!), six memorial pennies (all pre 1994), a hearing aid and some Connecticut aluminum and iron! Still looking for that first gold and silver, but I can feel it! Thank you again for the spot Lorrain, and I really hope to hunt with you soon!
 

Attachments

  • Lorraine.webp
    Lorraine.webp
    78.3 KB · Views: 369
Upvote 0
Good hunt Terry....stay at it, the silver and gold will come!!!!
 
Terry, glad you made it.... and nice going on those finds. :hello2:


I found a spoon with the inscription "RIKERS" :o....wonder if it was from the "island" ...near you?

I decided to stay home and catch up on chores....weeding, cleaning the car...stuff like that.

I may get out tomorrow. :dontknow:

Yes, it would be great to meet up with you for a hunt along the Ct. shoreline next time you are "in town" :headbang:

Lorraine
 
Hey Terry, great sideshow. Looked like you had a great time. What's with the waders? You're not scared of a little cold water are you? While you are on the east coast you should come south where all the swimmers are and the jewelry is falling off all the suntan lotioned ladies. :icon_sunny:
 
search and recovery said:
Hey Terry, great sideshow. Looked like you had a great time. What's with the waders? You're not scared of a little cold water are you? While you are on the east coast you should come south where all the swimmers are and the jewelry is falling off all the suntan lotioned ladies. :icon_sunny:

That would be a blast S&R! I would Love to hunt the beach with you down there. 55-degree water is still pretty cold for this old desert boy! I tend to get in and stay in for a few hours, and I'm ex-Army, raised in and around Phoenix, AZ. We put on our winter parkas when it gets down to 60!
 
Hey, it's 90 degrees here, and water is75 degrees. No waders required.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom