Thanks to all - we managed to hook another one!

Stacylee926

Dec 29, 2006
Portsmouth, VA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Discovery 1100
Justin was more excited about going camping to begin with. When we hunted on Friday afternoon he just wandered around and had no desire to swing the MD. Somehow he got the bug just by watching and by Saturday morning he was all geared up and ready to try it.

Everyone's excitement and passion for the hobby was the real key though - he wasn't just seeing mom get thrilled with finding some clad. We had barely gotten home on Sunday, de-ticked ourselves and showered when he wanted to go out again. Then again yesterday - he even called his cousin and girlfiend to tag along, so he is trying to hook others as well!

After only a few days he wants another MD - and Ace250 like mom. If his interest in the hobby continues over the summer, he should be the proud owner of a new MD by our fall hunt.

The best part of the weekend for me was being able to share MDing with my son and see him get excited about something other than video games. awwwwww :)

Special thanks to Dave for all those wonderful prizes and Ann for all the research and organizing she did as well as Josh and Deedee. Ann - the pictures are awesome too! I got my hubby looking at them... maybe, just maybe I can him to 'try' the MD because now he is the odd man out......

Stacy

Stacey!

I am so glad to hear that Justin has caught the bug. (Not so glad about the ticks, but that comes with the territory.)

It is a great feeling to get them away from the electronics and into something new.

Hope you can make it a "family affair."

Dena

P.s. Have you read the "ASS" thread under Tnet Member Hunts yet? It is hilarious! You have got to share it with your husband. I think he was the only ASS at Pipsico.

I had kind of forgotten about that! I just took a look and got a good chuckle.
Thanks for reminding me!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back