Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just wanted to thank you for the opportunity to engage with humanity for a while. I have been hermitized over the last ten years or so, and I really enjoyed having some input into SOMETHING. I gained satisfaction contributing where I could, loved seeing your finds, photos, adventures. I admired those extraordinary digs, banner recoveries.

Life finds me in a place where my skin has become thin, and fending off affronts to my dignity does not warrant the effort needed. Twice this week, I foolishly engaged after personal insults, and that made me realize that after nearly two years here I'm still crashing someone else's party. I am aware that I intruded into some tight circles of "friends", and annoyed a few fringe groups. To some I say sorry, to others, not sorry at all. Luck to all.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I think we all have found ourselves in this position at least ONCE.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't apologize Kray, this is a discussion forum, not a personal blog and we all sometimes have different viewpoints. I was in the same fray you were...different opinions is all.

I enjoy your posts and Simon is right, we do find ourselves in that position at times...especially when we feel strongly about something.

Kace

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you as well Kray. I enjoy your posts and comments. Not sure if I saw the fray or not, so I cannot comment on specifics.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well heck, I was enjoying seeing you where you did pop in.

Stick around. This place may get "testy" at times, but it is a great place. Not everyone likes to be told their rock is just a rock, but it's the way we move up and on as a society.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kray, enjoy all your posts!

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Just wanted to thank you for the opportunity to engage with humanity for a while. I have been hermitized over the last ten years or so, and I really enjoyed having some input into SOMETHING. I gained satisfaction contributing where I could, loved seeing your finds, photos, adventures. I admired those extraordinary digs, banner recoveries.

Life finds me in a place where my skin has become thin, and fending off affronts to my dignity does not warrant the effort needed. Twice this week, I foolishly engaged after personal insults, and that made me realize that after nearly two years here I'm still crashing someone else's party. I am aware that I intruded into some tight circles of "friends", and annoyed a few fringe groups. To some I say sorry, to others, not sorry at all. Luck to all.

I can tell you that I have stepped on many peoples toes and peed in their Wheaties over the last 12 years (12 in January) and have had my toes stepped on and my Wheaties peed in, too, and I am sure it won't stop here .. but heck Kray.. it's all part of the game. No need to run away from all this fun! Hang in there!

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to have ya Kray :occasion14:

OP
OP
Kray Gelder

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks fellas. I have to lay low, be invisible, let my blood pressure stabilize. Lost my head a bit. I should have been banned. Thanks, Mods. I'll watch your posts, but need to remain mute. Luck to you.

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Feel free to chime in on anything I say Craig!! I am a smartbutt with a duck's back...lol

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've always been a great guy to me, Kray Gelder.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have never had a problem with you, hope I didn’t bother you

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I’ve always enjoyed your posts and hope you will continue to contribute to this great Treasure hunting forum.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kray, you’ve always been cool with me....
I enjoy your posts.... even the ones I haven’t read.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Never saw a problem with anything you’ve said. Maybe I’m sick too :)))

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kray? Stay!!! Okay? 😁

cactusman

Nov 15, 2015
Western USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, AT Max, AT Pro, Ace 350, GTI-2500, Infinium LS, Scorpion Gold Stinger, Pro-Pointer AT, Fisher F75 LTD2, Gold Bug 2, F-Pulse, Whites 24K, TM-808, Schonstedt Maggie, Falcon MD 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It happens to everyone on the 'net at some point.

I lurked on this board, not registered, just reading for about 4-5 years before I realized I was gathering good info, but not helping anyone, so after that I joined in to give back what I can, and continue learning.

One of the reasons we are here is not just our common interest, but to learn, help, and have general interactions. Not everyone will get along, but hey, that's life. I've always said that I have never met someone that I can't something learn from, even if that something is what not to do, or how not to act. I've never been much for cliques; maybe I've learned to ignore that stuff to the point where I honestly don't see them, or perhaps I'm just not active enough on the board. Either way, don't let others get you down; focus on the positive -- there is a TON of that on here!

Try to put it into perspective, then look at the forums and topics that YOU enjoy most, and just like if you are out hunting and are finding nothing but junk, you adjust to make your experience better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread