What's new

Thar She Blows! Old Buttons in the Woods

ScaredOfClowns

Full Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2012
Messages
158
Reaction score
639
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bucks County, PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 / Garrett AT Pro / Garrett ProPointer, Garrett ProPointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went for a quick Friday evening hunt in the woods, near where I recently found a half real coin. Unfortunately I didn't find any coins this time, but I did find two cool old buttons - a small flat button, and my first blowhole button.

From what I've read, blowhole buttons date from the early-to-mid 1700s; I think this spot is worth another look or two.

Thanks for looking - HH!

All Finds.webpBlowhole in the Hole.webpFlat Button In The Hole.webp
 
Upvote 22
Nearly blowhole types are late 18th C. Good indicator.
 
Congrats on the buttons sure to be more there good luck
 
SOC DANG NICE BUTTON ZZZZZZZZ
 
Good short hunt. Probably allot more stuff to be found there.
 
Nice buttons! Certainly agree it's worth a 2nd and 3rd look!

-- Jeff --
 
Very nice. I have found the blow hole buttons on the Brandywine Battlefied and have seen some that came from Ticonderoga. Nice, very early buttons.
 
Keep working that area, there are more goodies to be found! :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom