Thats Going To BLOW UR MINDS...and then we can all retire...

Marius

Jun 24, 2008
California
Detector(s) used
minelab x-terra 70
I found it...its real...and she has many more videos on youtube...still i have no idea how it digs :tongue3:...

Its called Decima,and by the way u can find video of it working during the night with laser pointers and uv light hookup.
Im done..gotta order ::) 2 of those just to see pple faces ;D

By the way if it works the way she says :wink:,her father is going to be rich man,just ons ales of it to fans :icon_pirat:

jsu

Nov 29, 2007
NE Georgia
Detector(s) used
EAGLE II, TIGERSHARK, COMPADRE , MXT
They need to get that coil a little closer to the ground or there going to miss the deep stuff. Looks pretty cool though.

GoldBurn

Jul 6, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & GTI 2500
I've been thinking of building a metal detecting robot since I got into the hobby.

My idea is a bit different.

It would traverse the coil in a lateral movement across 3-4' back and forth on each 'swing' marking the ground with a spray of powdered chalk. when it gets a good hit.
The detector robot would have to be interfaced somehow with the control unit to get a signal to the robot's onboard plc (computer) to trigger the chalk spray.

Alternatively, the robot could be equipped with an onboard digger system to extract a plug after the target is pinpointed.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Had a Hero-1, still have a Hero Jr. Played with the ideas on mods for this also. But a lot of variables not covered. Need simple mapping software then the thing can print out the searched areas by grid with targets marked and depths, but you might want both VLF and PI machines on board. Of course what good is it if it's slower than you are?

Could let it loose at night on a yard or park and let it do the mapping for you while you sleep, then go in and hit the best-case signals. Better be ready to dig lots of junk, it won't discriminate like your ears and experience will.

Best guess system, multi-point hi-res PI array (10 by 10 probe) that could perform target mapping to determine size and shape of target within acceptable limits. Cost prohibitive for you and me, me thinks. Heavy too! But it'd be a good fit for a robotic MD that works while you sleep. Or at least it could be one heck of an over-engineered lawn-hole poker... uhh, aerator. Yeah that's it.

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Hrrm....

To take something like an XLT and hook it up to a robot would be pretty easy. Interfacing to make it spray the ground when it hit a certain type of signal would similarly be pretty easy. Using a ground-triangulated GPS for navigation would also be rather simple. Pinpointing would also just be programming it right to move when it hit a certain signal. The arm definitely needs to be on a central swivel with a counterweight so it gets a clear swing. Making it handle bumps/rocks/etc is going to be tricky, but not impossible.

Wow, this has me thinking like nothing else in years has.

Working this out now with a local robotics club, i'll let you know when we start work on a prototype :)

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't believe you can use this to find £80/hour. Its 100% Bull.

The places you get hammered (she had over clean hers, if found) & other coins would be too uneven to detect with a machine.

A publicity stunt.

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Phsst!
Come on. They need to refine the swing rate and angle. It's only detecting a one foot area right in front because the coil is swinging in an arc, versus a flat plain.

And, I doubt this,"Thing" would move through a rough field with the body so low to the ground, not to mention in the bushes or a wooded area.

Looks more like a novelty item to me.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree...a lot of nonsense hype. And dang is that thing noisy...how often do you have to take it in to get the oil changed?

I too noticed the arc when the thing was swinging back and forth....as stated...about a one foot coverage right in front of it...and god forbid you hit high grass.

Al

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions