The Answer Rest Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I think romance/lore/legend/etc., should always be evaluated against what is credible and reasonable.

Legend here is that Lafitte put his treasure into big iron pots and put them all up and down the Mississippi River. This is coming from people that are a kin to Jean himself.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Beale paper story, if any portion of it is true, is not the product of simple institution and small time enterprise, the required resources and planning being far too vast for either.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The Beale paper story, if any portion of it is true, is not the product of simple institution and small time enterprise, the required resources and planning being far too vast for either.
That is the question..."if any portion of it is true".
Your theory presents the premise that NOTHING in the Beale Papers story is true as written.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is the question..."if any portion of it is true".
Your theory presents the premise that NOTHING in the Beale Papers story is true as written.

I put that language in there just for you. The author never said his entire story was true, only that it contained authentic statements. Right from the very start he made perfectly clear that his story was neither an entirely true narrative or a complete fabrication/work of fiction. Right from the very start he informed his readers that his story falls somewhere, and here it comes....."in that previously noted middle ground." And no, if you'd really been listening instead of focusing solely on trying to disprove the theory then you would be fully aware that my theory confirms quite a bit of what the author has claimed. Two extremes with no allowances for any middle ground, this has been your only tolerable allowances despite what that author has clearly told you right from the very beginning. :thumbsup:

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Waveland, MS is where you will find the last of the minted coins from the New Orleans Mint at the beginning of the Civil War. The coins were carried along the Spanish Trail and buried in Waveland, MS. I did know where but not since the hurricane waters wiped it out.

That would be why there are so many holes around Spanish Trail are in Wavland, MS

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny Man we don't care about your findings. If you can not contribute to the thread go to where your finds impress someone else. I hate advertisers and posters that blow their horn in hopes someone will notice them. God get a life.

Franklin, FYI, "hamiddetecting" has probably recovered more gold and silver with a detector over the years then you've ever witnessed, virtually piles of it. He resides in Morocco where most processed gold is 18k or higher. You should see some of his videos and collections.....quite amazing. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are we going to travel into Henry Littlefield's literary allegory territory again, turning the Beale Papers into a parable about the Second Bank of the US and a conspiracy of international bankers and investors?

No. And this is what you're still failing to settle back and to explore. For some reason you want simple answers to the Beale mystery and you also want simple understanding of those elements that were at the root of it all. I've presented no grand conspiracy at all, but rather I am just presenting the actual scope of the typical business practices of one large corporation, which unfortunately, is actually a quite vast and complex area of research and study. No grand conspiracies, not at all, just typical corporate dealings of the world's largest monied corporation. To understand it you have to explore it and research it until you've gained enough insight to grasp the huge amount of business, both foreign and domestic, that this large monied corporation engaged in. You need to understand the many how's and why's and who's, etc. Now I can't make you do any of this but understand that until you do you can't possibly even begin to debate the merits of what I've been presenting because you won't even hold those basic concepts and backgrounds that are all a matter of record and documentation. How can we possible hold debate regarding details that we are totally blind about? The questions I often present are not for my personal benefit, but to the benefit of others should they decide to seek those answers for themselves. I can't make them do this, I can only ask that they do. :thumbsup:

PS: And since we are discussing "questions" let me pose one to you.....when Monroe sent Graham on his secret mission do you think this came without cost, or that those expenses had to be approved by congress first? The same thing can be said of the Enterprise when it sailed, not once, but twice, to Galveston Island. Do you think all of these expenses and missions had to be approved by congress beforehand? Or do you think these were just typical operating expenses of the war department and the department of state, expenses that just ran through some type of budget allowance somewhere in the Second Bank of America? When you discover this answer then you'll also understand another one of Jackson's concerns regarding this bank's questionable activities.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
You have presented a history which forms the premise as basis of the BEALE PAPERS, yet when this presented history is juxtaposed with the story contained in the BEALE PAPERS, it is obvious that these are two completely different stories.
So the major question arises is if this history you presented is linked to the BEALE PAPERS, why fabricate a totally different tale that was copyrighted and published by James Beverly Ward in 1885, advertised and sold only in Lynchburg? What purpose did this serve? What is the direct link of the Second Bank and this "corporation" to the BEALE PAPERS?
"It don't take a weatherman to know which way the wind blows"- Bob Dylan

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have presented a history which forms the premise as basis of the BEALE PAPERS, yet when this presented history is juxtaposed with the story contained in the BEALE PAPERS, it is obvious that these are two completely different stories.
So the major question arises is if this history you presented is linked to the BEALE PAPERS, why fabricate a totally different tale that was copyrighted and published by James Beverly Ward in 1885, advertised and sold only in Lynchburg? What purpose did this serve? What is the direct link of the Second Bank and this "corporation" to the BEALE PAPERS?
"It don't take a weatherman to know which way the wind blows"- Bob Dylan

Not exactly, my friend. The question you should be asking is why did the author of the Beale papers create yet another story detailing the same events that appeared in the memoirs? It's clear that he knew a great deal about the same exact subject matter. So how did he know about the same two shipments of wealth and distributions that appeared in the memoirs? You're looking at things backwards and asking the wrong question simply because you are already 100% sold that there can be no middle ground between completely true narrative and complete fabrication. You seem to be focused on potential authors instead of the possible amount of accurate information in both publications. Me, I don't care who wrote them, I only care about the accuracy of the information within. So how did your author clearly know about these same details and events? I can't make you investigate things for yourself, I can only suggest that you do. But until you do you'll forever be trying to debate what you have no first hand knowledge of. :thumbsup:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... The question you should be asking is why did the author of the Beale papers create yet another story detailing the same events that appeared in the memoirs? It's clear that he knew a great deal about the same exact subject matter. So how did he know about the same two shipments of wealth and distributions that appeared in the memoirs?... You seem to be focused on potential authors instead of the possible amount of accurate information in both publications. Me, I don't care who wrote them, I only care about the accuracy of the information within. So how did your author clearly know about these same details and events? I can't make you investigate things for yourself, I can only suggest that you do. But until you do you'll forever be trying to debate what you have no first hand knowledge of...
First, the author, James Beverly Ward, as confirmed by is daughter, Adeline Ward McVeigh, did NOT include exact information from the fraudulent Laflin Lafitte memoirs. That is an assumption on your part.
Secondly, how can you validate the accuracy of the memoirs which are considered a forgery.
I may have no "first hand knowledge", but neither do you.
Remember, a house of cards built with aces back to back is still subject to collapse.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Not exactly, my friend. The question you should be asking is why did the author of the Beale papers create yet another story detailing the same events that appeared in the memoirs? It's clear that he knew a great deal about the same exact subject matter. So how did he know about the same two shipments of wealth and distributions that appeared in the memoirs? You're looking at things backwards and asking the wrong question simply because you are already 100% sold that there can be no middle ground between completely true narrative and complete fabrication. You seem to be focused on potential authors instead of the possible amount of accurate information in both publications. Me, I don't care who wrote them, I only care about the accuracy of the information within. So how did your author clearly know about these same details and events? I can't make you investigate things for yourself, I can only suggest that you do. But until you do you'll forever be trying to debate what you have no first hand knowledge of. :thumbsup:
"Scoop", YOUR focus is on the Lafitte Memiors, and the ONLY "link" with the Beale PAPERS, are the names...? HA! MANY believe, think, "know" the LM is FAKE, written in the late 1940's. Names COULD have been taken from the Beale PAPERS of 1885... dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread