What's new

The Attack of the Tellers

Rakattack

Full Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2010
Messages
150
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
SJ, CA
;D Not really but today at a Chase bank I spotted a silver eagle dollar (the bullion coin) in the tellers tray!!! Instantly I thought I'd struck it rich :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:. However, when I asked the teller for it, he simply looked at me with a poker face and answered, "No, it's mine." So I'm confused as to why I couldn't have it ???. I go home, called the bank and talked to the manager about it. Turns out, he allows his tellers to reserve anything they want in their tray so they can pick it up at the end of the day. Oh well :-[
 
Upvote 0
Yes, I've played tug-o-war over a piece of silver. Once. When I was young.
It's not worth crying to the manager about it.
They don't have to sell me anything.
Just chalk it up to experience and move on.
 
Then again, my alter ego would just love to raise holy heck!
 
Have an elderly person go in there, and have him say to that teller that his grandson cashed in his coin collection, and that he noticed that one of his silver eagles were in tray. :dontknow:
 
I would ask please explain why you have not removed it then? and then would laugh and go that is fine, i will let you have 1k in halves a week to look through and sit on too :D
 
coincrazed said:
This is bad. Very bad. You probably should have pushed the issue. YOU saw it, and the teller didn't pull it from his tray, so what the f*ck is he doing telling you you can't buy it? I would definitely go back and raise hell with the manager. You might also threaten to pull your account there if they give you crap. Also, you might want to remind the manager that the tellers at the bank are supposed to help the customer, not collect coins at the customer's expense. Good luck, friend. - coincrazed

I don't look for revenge against tellers, but if they kept a silver coin in their tray and said I could not buy it, I would have given them heck.
 
Nah, you guys are wrong. First of all the teller should put it in their drawer if they want to keep it for themselves. That way no one will see it and ask for it. They simply are just "jacking you around". I would just say, "Keep it...it's not worth much." Don't let then get the best of you. Not a sermon, just a thought.
rileyboy
 
rileyboy said:
Nah, you guys are wrong. First of all the teller should put it in their drawer if they want to keep it for themselves. That way no one will see it and ask for it. They simply are just "jacking you around". I would just say, "Keep it...it's not worth much." Don't let then get the best of you. Not a sermon, just a thought.
rileyboy

true as a lot of people think old coins are worth lots... then find out it is not a get rich scheme they don't believe...
 
rileyboy said:
Nah, you guys are wrong. First of all the teller should put it in their drawer if they want to keep it for themselves. That way no one will see it and ask for it. They simply are just "jacking you around". I would just say, "Keep it...it's not worth much." Don't let then get the best of you. Not a sermon, just a thought.
rileyboy
In my opinion that's pretty "jacked up". It just makes you look like a whiner. Not saying you are, but I wouldn't do that myself. And FFD, I hope you're not calling me childish cause you're gonna make me :-[ :laughing9:. I called to talk to the manager because I wasn't sure what the tellers rights were.
 
Coins4Cheese said:
Have an elderly person go in there, and have him say to that teller that his grandson cashed in his coin collection, and that he noticed that one of his silver eagles were in tray. :dontknow:

Sounds great.. I never thought of that one. You'd have to pay the old guy like 5 bucks to do it unless you have a grandfather you can use. But then what if it was a lady that turned it in. But then again you could just pay the teller 10 bucks for the silver bullion.
 
You can not push the issue. The teller has the same rights than a CRH to keep coins as long as he or she buys them from the bank.

DW
 
Darth Walker said:
You can not push the issue. The teller has the same rights than a CRH to keep coins as long as he or she buys them from the bank.

DW
I agree but I'd still like to see them take it out of the tray. Just makes it easier on everyone. They don't have to listen to us complain and if we don't know that it was there we don't get angry either.
 
I would have disputed it for sure
 
Just make it a dump bank , with no hard feelings, and move on.
 
I work at a bank. The reason the teller didn't remove it from the tray is that they are strictly forbidden from doing so!! It's a security rule, to prevent employee theft. They have to wait until they balance their drawer at the end of the day. Tellers just can't go 'hiding' cash in their drawer or stuffin it in their pocket. Mgr or co-worker has to witness the drawer balancing.
 
Oh well where you lose one you will gain others. What goes around comes around and all that mess.

Welcome back CoinCrazed and Pablo!

Golden Silver
 
I would just bring him 2k in rolled halves the next week. No hard feelings.
 
The last time I was in the bank talking to a teller she told me that she was opening a roll of quarters & the whole roll was old silver. She bought the roll & did not share. That is a benefit of the job, she knows I collect but then so does she. She has always been great to get what ever I want & has never complained.
 
clearly you got a batch of "inside" cherry pickers working there -- unless they were "freindly" about getting boxes for you to search and such -- seems it time to make that your "dump bank" since your not going to be getting any "tray finds" from there.

nothing "personal" just "bussiness".
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom