What's new

The Attack of the Tellers

Rakattack

Full Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2010
Messages
150
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
SJ, CA
;D Not really but today at a Chase bank I spotted a silver eagle dollar (the bullion coin) in the tellers tray!!! Instantly I thought I'd struck it rich :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:. However, when I asked the teller for it, he simply looked at me with a poker face and answered, "No, it's mine." So I'm confused as to why I couldn't have it ???. I go home, called the bank and talked to the manager about it. Turns out, he allows his tellers to reserve anything they want in their tray so they can pick it up at the end of the day. Oh well :-[
 
Upvote 0
I see no reason to get upset about this. I had something similar happen with a teller a few weeks back. She had one silver half sitting in her tray and I asked her if I could buy it. She told me that she colllects them too and was saving it for herself. I just smiled and told her that it was no problem. We made small talk about it and she wished me a nice day. No ill will at all between us. They do not have to sell me the exact coins I see in the tray. If I ask for a half she can sell me any half she wishes to. And if she wants to keep silver coins for herself then that is her perogative.

Some people out here think that it is their god given right to take silver at other's expense and that the banks are there solely to support your greed. Sorry, I just don't feel that way myself. That teller is no different than you are. They have the same rights that you expect. If you want first dibs on silver that shows up at the bank then get a job as a bank teller. But trust me, it wouldn't be worth it. :wink:
 
Tellers should get any coin they want for themselves out of the public's view. It's called professional etiquette. Been there and done that.
 
i hate to be teased and i think that tellers should take it out of public view, but it all boils down to any and all money in the teller drawer is the bank's money and the teller is in charge of they bank's money.(like it or not) that is the way it is
 
mts said:
I see no reason to get upset about this. I had something similar happen with a teller a few weeks back. She had one silver half sitting in her tray and I asked her if I could buy it. She told me that she colllects them too and was saving it for herself. I just smiled and told her that it was no problem. We made small talk about it and she wished me a nice day. No ill will at all between us. They do not have to sell me the exact coins I see in the tray. If I ask for a half she can sell me any half she wishes to. And if she wants to keep silver coins for herself then that is her perogative.

Some people out here think that it is their god given right to take silver at other's expense and that the banks are there solely to support your greed. Sorry, I just don't feel that way myself. That teller is no different than you are. They have the same rights that you expect. If you want first dibs on silver that shows up at the bank then get a job as a bank teller. But trust me, it wouldn't be worth it. :wink:
I don't think you guys really get what I was trying to achieve with this topic. I was trying to make a joke out of it and it was meant to be light-hearted. :wink:
 
Rakattack said:
mts said:
I see no reason to get upset about this. I had something similar happen with a teller a few weeks back. She had one silver half sitting in her tray and I asked her if I could buy it. She told me that she colllects them too and was saving it for herself. I just smiled and told her that it was no problem. We made small talk about it and she wished me a nice day. No ill will at all between us. They do not have to sell me the exact coins I see in the tray. If I ask for a half she can sell me any half she wishes to. And if she wants to keep silver coins for herself then that is her perogative.

Some people out here think that it is their god given right to take silver at other's expense and that the banks are there solely to support your greed. Sorry, I just don't feel that way myself. That teller is no different than you are. They have the same rights that you expect. If you want first dibs on silver that shows up at the bank then get a job as a bank teller. But trust me, it wouldn't be worth it. :wink:
I don't think you guys really get what I was trying to achieve with this topic. I was trying to make a joke out of it and it was meant to be light-hearted. :wink:

Well then I apologize because I definitely missed that. :wink:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom