The Autobahn between Stuttgart and Munich @173 mph = edge of seat stuff!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
1. The rear view mirror in the video is maddening.

2. The speedometer is visible just over the center of the steering wheel and a bit to the right. The highest I saw it register was 278 kilometer per hour (@173 mph).

3. People don’t get out of the fast lanes on the autobahn any better than elsewhere.

HANG ONTO YOUR SEAT while an Audi races 2 motorcycles on the Autobahn. In Germany, the Autobahn between Stuttgart and Munich is used by the auto industry for their high speed test tracks. The Germans have three types of divided highways, limited access, freeways, and the Autobahn. All have speed limits except the Autobahn. One is not allowed to pass on the right, which both motorcycles and the Audi did in the video. The left lane is for high speed traffic and to overtake another vehicle one flashes their lights and the other vehicle should move to the right. This will give you a Go Fast high for the day.

The guy in the Audi is nuts and the guys on the bikes make the Audi guy look sane.

And oddly, the female passenger is a real sport about it all.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
MORE videos! Dang, gonna spend my next day in town at the library instead of getting our supplies. :tongue3:

I've never been to Germany, but have been on freeways here where I'd be going the speed limit (55-60), and always keeping a close eye on the rear view. Then without even knowing anything was coming, I'd suddenly get passed by some knucklehead going over 100 MPH. ...Guess it's different when you're expecting people to drive really fast!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shear stupidity. You think thats fun? Go clean up the bodies after jackasses like that crash (and usually kill others in the process)

Sherpat

Feb 3, 2016
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAHA! Love it. They Italian, ya think? Sounds like it, and would explain a lot :goldtrophy:

I'd like to be piloting that car OR one of those bikes.

Thing can get just as nutty in a Honda Civic, though. That is, if you're married to Formula 1 legend Riccardo Patrese:

(You can find English caption versions of this vid, but I personally find it somehow more enjoyable without. You just KNOW what she's saying/screaming. Not to mention the great arm pump "F-U!")

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shear stupidity. You think thats fun? Go clean up the bodies after jackasses like that crash (and usually kill others in the process)

Um...
What you should watch is the MORE vids of the devastation that stretch of road has caused.
In fact...
Just watched a vid of two guys in a Lambo who go pro'd themselves on exact same stretch of road.

Only they were in 100 pieces each at the end of the video.
They found the Go Pro video in the bits and pieces of them and the car.
Go pro shows the entire thing...Will make you cringe to watch as the guy in the passenger seat is filming his and the drivers final moments before the over correction
Lets just say ...
They had also had a "blast" going that fast.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd imagine it is pretty Painless

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wondered where this thread went..... :icon_scratch:

This is about all I know about the Autobahn..... :laughing7:

Yeah, it kicks butt in quadrophonics....... :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wondered where this thread went..... :icon_scratch:

This is about all I know about the Autobahn..... :laughing7:

Yeah, it kicks butt in quadrophonics....... :laughing7:

Saw Kraftwerk many Moons ago. With Frank Zappa in 1974

Last edited:

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, EuroAce 350, magnets on ropes
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That's some sick driving. I am from Germany and people here think 200kmh as a maximum speed is a bit slow in a car, but that was usual even by our standards.

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that cage driver rode up on me like that,,,,I can pretty much guarantee some serious body damage to him.
At those speeds there IS a "bow wave" of air that could literally knock you off the bike.
This is one reason I have a ball peen hammer hanging within reach.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread