The beauty and the bead

Barefeets

Jun 21, 2022
Meadowview
Fo
20220628_145718.jpg
20220628_181830.jpg
und this beautiful clear quartz point this morning and half of a bead? At first sight I thought the bead had to be authentic but now I'm uncertain. I've only ever found periwinkle necklaces and the design on s the quartz and my knife will not scratch it, I put a flame to it for a few seconds and it's definitely not plastic. I was thinking onyx but possibly something someone lost working the baccer? Anybody found anything similar? Sorry I had trouble with the pics uploading but I think I got it now. I'll get another of the bead up shortly
20220628_235523.jpg
20220628_235845.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 12

Tdog

Silver Member
May 30, 2019
East Central Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found this beautiful clear quartz point this morning and half of a bead? At first sight I thought the bead had to be authentic but now I'm uncertain. I've only ever found periwinkle necklaces and the design on the bead is flawless. It sinks in water as fast as the quartz and my knife will not scratch it, I put a flame to it for a few seconds and it's definitely not plastic. I was thinking onyx but possibly something someone lost working the baccer? Anybody found anything similar?
Nice point. A few pics of the bead would help.

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don’t know if it’s my crappy service doing weird things but I don’t see any pictures, seems like at one point there was at least one

OP
OP
Barefeets

Barefeets

Jun 21, 2022
Meadowview
Found this beautiful clear quartz point this morning and half of a bead? At first sight I thought the bead had to be authentic but now I'm uncertain. I've only ever found periwinkle necklaces and the design on the bead is flawless. It sinks in water as fast as the quartz and my knife will not scratch it, I put a flame to it for a few seconds and it's definitely not plastic. I was thinking onyx but possibly something someone lost working the baccer? Anybody found anything similar?
Sorry, working on the pics
Don’t know if it’s my crappy service doing weird things but I don’t see any pictures, seems like at one point there was at least one
They should be up any time, It's doing some wierd stuff on my end too

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May sound like a dumb question but is there any evidence of the hole for a bead? My first impression was possibly a stone from a ring, maybe a trade ring, I like the point too it’s different

OP
OP
Barefeets

Barefeets

Jun 21, 2022
Meadowview
May sound like a dumb question but is there any evidence of the hole for a bead? My first impression was possibly a stone from a ring, maybe a trade ring, I like the point too it’s different
No it's an excellent question lol, sorry it didn't upload a pic but I'll get it in the sec. It's only half a sphere and there is a tiny hole in the center on one side but not the other. I didn't know if the plow had maybe cut it into an uneven half. One sec on the pic

OP
OP
Barefeets

Barefeets

Jun 21, 2022
Meadowview
No it's an excellent question lol, sorry it didn't upload a pic but I'll get it in the sec. It's only half a sphere and there is a tiny hole in the center on one side but not the other. I didn't know if the plow had maybe cut it into an uneven half. One sec on the pic
Pics should be uploaded and up above somewhere.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet point
The 2nd to the last photo looks like a couple of drill spots.

CHUDs

Feb 13, 2014
Santa Cruz, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fo View attachment 2034317 View attachment 2034318 und this beautiful clear quartz point this morning and half of a bead? At first sight I thought the bead had to be authentic but now I'm uncertain. I've only ever found periwinkle necklaces and the design on s the quartz and my knife will not scratch it, I put a flame to it for a few seconds and it's definitely not plastic. I was thinking onyx but possibly something someone lost working the baccer? Anybody found anything similar? Sorry I had trouble with the pics uploading but I think I got it now. I'll get another of the bead up shortly View attachment 2034323 View attachment 2034324
It looks like a garnet. Stunning point!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's hard to get a real good look at the stone as the camera focus is on your finger print instead of the stone-thus making the stone blurred.
Though the first photo looks like the upper potion is rounded and the side has angles cut so it has been worked.
Now the question is was it out of a ring, well found on the garnet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread