What's new

The best coins ??

gold fish

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2006
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
20
Golden Thread
0
Location
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
I am just curious about this topic, I am going to start getting a little more serious about roll hunting(2+ boxes a week, and random banks), and I was wondering which of the above services have proved most profitable in the experience of more seasoned hunters. I have a bank that gets boxes from loomis, and one that gets them from brinks. I also have several banks that will sell me customer dumps. Just looking for some input, HH all.
 
Upvote 0
I really think you have to get deliveries from all of them in your area for at least a couple months and see if you can notice a pattern. Once you find the better service - buy there and dump at the other banks.
 
Every area will be somewhat different. It all depends on how much competition you have and where the competition dumps their halves. If the competition is dumping a lot into your source bank you will probably have a harder time finding much.

I have one bank I won't buy rolls from as they are usually 90% marked (and I rarely find any older halves from there). So it became my primary dump bank/armored service for halves.
 
Local for me because my bank has a coin counting and rolling machine at their main branch. Its mainly younger tellers that run the rolling machine so its less likely that they'll pick out any good stuff before they roll it up. I go there for all my boxes when I'm back home from school.

I don't really think it matters what company your rolls come from. The thing that matters is the area the coins come from. If its an area that has a lot of people's dump banks, the coins from that area won't have good results.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom