What's new

The Best Metal Detector

Frankn said:
THERE IS NO BEST METAL DETECTOR!
Metal detector choices are driven by actual usage and personal biases towards visual design!
​

Amen to that!

Once you've found a machine that works well for you, however, I would investigate
the Minelab SE series, since their technology measures both resistivity and conductivity in
the targets. This lets you profile junk, like pull-tabs, in a way that really increases the
amount of take-home treasure you can dig up.

Just as important as the detector, get a good hand-held probe.
I use the Garrett Pro-Pointer, and it has dramatically reduced the
amount of time it takes to retrieve the coin.

My 2-cents worth.
 
I here at you for the first time also do not know as you me to a sign. I have too the ACE, but with the coil from http: // www.nel-coils.com/index.html. It not advertising, but coils really good …
 
Frankn said:
THERE IS NO BEST METAL DETECTOR!
Metal detector choices are driven by actual usage and personal biases towards visual design!
​
I agree!
 

Attachments

  • avatar_52494.webp
    avatar_52494.webp
    1.3 KB · Views: 462
The BEST locator is a shovel! Never seen a detector that can dig up a coin!
Rich
 
Treasure finder said:
The BEST locator is a shovel! Never seen a detector that can dig up a coin!
Rich

Good point, however, I have never seen a shovel that could locate a coin! ;D
 
The best one for me for the detecting I do is my White's DFX. I don't worry a lot about tryin to understand all the electronic theory behind metal detectors, but try to practice, practice, until it becomes second nature as to what the detector is telling me. I have noticed that finding a good productive area to detect in raises my opinion of my detector.
 
RGINN said:
The best one for me for the detecting I do is my White's DFX. I don't worry a lot about tryin to understand all the electronic theory behind metal detectors, but try to practice, practice, until it becomes second nature as to what the detector is telling me. I have noticed that finding a good productive area to detect in raises my opinion of my detector.

Well put and one of the most valid points made, so far, in this thread.
 
Two points that don't seem to have come up so far....

What sort of detector suits your detecting style ? ie is your natural sweep speed slow or fast. If slow then a two filter would suit, if fast a four filter like the old Spectrums/XLT. Or you could go for adjustable filtering for the best of both worlds. Or an old Compass Varifilter

Weight and perhaps even more important balance, is vital. You could have a less deep detector that will find you far more just because you can stay in the field longer.
 
That's a loaded question,but the answer's reveals where these treasure hunters are far as their knowledge of equipment.I have used a lot of detectors and all the big manufactures make great units and some lemons.Read post,visit dealers,and ask yourself how much you want to spent and what type of hunting in mind.I will tell you you want get the best detector at an entry price.Good Luck
 
Silly rabbits tricks are for pro's. If you dont know this question.
 
This is a Ford or Chevy type question....but seeing as I like Mopars....I have only owned about a dozen detectors, still have 6...BUT....my Tejon is my "go to" favorite!
 
Kieth-Tx said:
This is a Ford or Chevy type question....but seeing as I like Mopars....I have only owned about a dozen detectors, still have 6...BUT....my Tejon is my "go to" favorite!

Yep..............

It is like asking which is better:
Blonds, brunettes or redheads?
Fords or Chevys?
American wife or Oriental wife?

Me, I am a Chevy man, Owned a nice 57 Chevy and then a beautiful 55 Chevy 2 door coupe for 12 years that I showed at car shows, also owned new 69 Roadrunner, 69 MG Midget, 70 Austin Healy Sprite, totally customized 76 short bed Chevy van with 3 on the floor, yet my wife's current car is a 2008 Ford, and I drive a Chrysler Mini Van now.

I like blonds, but my first wife was brunette, and my current wife (and last wife) has jet black hair, I prefer Orientals, my first wife was tiny Caucasian and my wife now is a tiny sexy Oriental (Filipino)...

I own 4 ML's, a Whites, and a Fisher. Who knows what I will add to the arsenal next....
 
TH sed, "I own 4 ML's, a Whites, and a Fisher. Who knows what I will add to the arsenal next.... "

How about a tall, blonde, midget, Caucasian with almond eyes driving a Mini Cooper? ::) ;D :icon_thumleft:
 
Roland58 said:
TH sed, "I own 4 ML's, a Whites, and a Fisher. Who knows what I will add to the arsenal next.... "

How about a tall, blonde, midget, Caucasian with almond eyes driving a Mini Cooper? ::) ;D :icon_thumleft:

LOL, you never know..............
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom