What's new

The best place in America for metal detecting?

CaptainCoil

Silver Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2014
Messages
2,837
Reaction score
546
Golden Thread
0
Location
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore with 11" coil
CKG 11.5" titanium scoop with carbon fiber handle
Fisher CZ-21,
Tecnetics Omega 8000,
T-Rex 9.5"
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you could have access to metal detect at any site in America, What would your choice be? What would you hope to find?
 
Last edited:
Thats a great question, I visited The Statue Of Liberty a few years ago and was dreaming of detecting at Ellis Island. Ellis Island had old housing on it, and you would get a good variety of coins, I would hope, lol.
 
I can't imagine anything being any better than this horseshoe horde I'm sitting on here in Middle TN. But then again maybe I've dug to many and have horseshoeitis... (mental disease).
 
Harvard College was founded in 1636. To search that entire property unfettered and unhassled by officials and cops would probably produce some epic finds.

If I could go back in time, I'd go back 40 years and hunt the crap out of Revere Beach, which was America's first public beach, est. 1896. I'd be in heaven. Can you imagine what someone like Casper would find there? Wow. Just, wow. :thumbsup:
 
That is simple. It is Virginia
 
Anywhere I happen to be standing with my F5.:headbang:
 
Any area on my state capitol grounds.I bet i could find a lot of historic things there.
 
Doesn't anybody give a damn about finding horseshoes from our Nations Founders? There all behind my home within a 1.5 mile wagon trail. I guess I'm cursed being a 1 man army digging up our Nations horseshoes from our past leaders!!!! :dontknow:
 
Unfretted access to Victorio Peak with plenty of explosives and heavy excavation equipment.
 
My hometown of Plymouth MA.... Anywhere from the house I grew up in, to my neighbors, all along the waterfront and downtown.... makes me sick to think of all the goodies I am missing out on:BangHead:
 
In my neck of the woods it would be Andersonville prison.
 
The Lake @ Elephant Butte Lake New Mexico it's off limits.
 
RvPrepper , Do you know is Elephant Butte Lake designated as a state park ? If so that may explain it being off limits . I'm sorry to
hear that (I lived in NM. for almost 40 years ) more and more places are becoming inaccessible.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom