What's new

The best place in America for metal detecting?

any old swimming beach with my fisher 1280x aquanaut...


Gary
 
The coast of Texas, from Galveston south. All of Padre Island, north and south. But not the beach. Behind the 1st and 2nd row of sand dunes. We found treasure there all our lives. Now I'm just too old and lazy. This was pirate territory and storm washed barrier islands...
 
any place where anyone will let me detect would love to do some battle fields where the civil war was fought at. would like to find some history of the past
 
The old gold towns of Colorado
 
Little Bighorn, Gettysburg, other battlefields, especially Shiloh, had a great uncle there in the 81st Ohio. What do I expect I'd find? History.
 
42.306057, 71.099680
 
Rock Springs in central Florida. Its been closed to detecting for years. Hundreds of people swimming and tubing daily in a small area, waist deep. Crystal clear with white sand bottom.
 
HI; Higgy and BIGWAVDAVE both have good ideas. To me it is almost anywhere in New England but my favorite would be the Boston Commons. It dates to thev1630's and has had literally non stop use since. The original surface of the Boston Coommons is now 4' - 6' deep and has turned yellow. In know because I worked on a dig there. The stuff is "everywhere. PEACE:RONB
 
Somewhere near Gordo, Alabama....My pops class ring.

Mike

I think that would be so awesome! To find his ring would be your best find of your lifetime! Talk about memento's!!!
 
I live a couple blocks away from the oldest continuous running county fair grounds in the US. But that place sucks. Where ever I hunt, I hope to find a cache of a thousand pounds of rare gold coins and stuff.
 
I would focus on dried up historic wishing wells...yup
 
I would focus on dried up historic wishing wells...yup

Yeah really, that reminds me of this mansion down the street from me built in 1752. It's been renovated and turned into a realtors office. I'm assuming the well is still original and it has an iron gate over the top of it. It's located right between the two additions sticking out of the back of the house in the picture. Man I bet there's some nice things down there...

ForumRunner_20141019_122639.webp
 
I would focus on dried up historic wishing wells...yup

I forget the year,pretty recent though.The well in fort Ticonderoga was searched and cleaned out by the archs.Among other things they pulled enough change out of the well to fill 5 5gallon buckets,25 gallons of coins:laughing9:
 
A plateau in the Four Corners area at about 5,ooo ft...and an armed escort!
 
HI; Higgy and BIGWAVDAVE both have good ideas. To me it is almost anywhere in New England but my favorite would be the Boston Commons. It dates to thev1630's and has had literally non stop use since. The original surface of the Boston Coommons is now 4' - 6' deep and has turned yellow. In know because I worked on a dig there. The stuff is "everywhere. PEACE:RONB

Now you're talking, Barker! Boston Commons is Pine Tree Shilling territory if there ever was any! I'd love to go in there with a huge bucket loader, skim off the first three feet of soil, and screen 100% of it. That would certainly be a metal-detecting wet dream! Heck, I'd love to hit Revere Beach after a serious hurricane or even a huge nor'easter.
 
The land of eternal gold coins, wait that was my dream from last week. LOL
 
I am reminded of a man that detected a $20 gold coin on the capital grounds of Carson City, Nevada. He had dug enough to see what it was when some guard spotted him. He had to fill in the hole and walk away. With that being said, I would have all rules and regulations, etc., cancelled so all state parks, historical sites, etc., could be hunted with impunity.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom