Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the snow came early this year after a very mild Nov. here in Long Island a whopping 30 inches with 6 foot drifts i think it will be around awhile so its time to clean up the detector and put it away for a few months , where i work at the market i meet this lady who sells houses out here i told her what i do with metal detectors and asked her if i could hunt some of the old estates in the Spring that are up for sale she said sure as long as i dont make a mess !! and i ask her first , there are dozens of very old houses and farms out here that people either are selling that moved or just left abandoned because of the high property taxes which to me that is really a shame , some of the homes where built back in the 1700.s . That is something to look foward to all winter i can do some research on the area first . I took a few photos of the Blizzard ! HH all and a Happy Holiday Jim

Attachments

• 100_0376.jpg
    100_0376.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 321
  • 100_0377.jpg
    100_0377.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 313

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
when I was younger, if we had that kind of snow, I'd be getting bundled up to go snowmobiling

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sniffer Elf said:
when I was younger, if we had that kind of snow, I'd be getting bundled up to go snowmobiling
At my age now ill pass on any snow activities lol give me a warm beach with a few gold rings in it !! i dont know whats worse the deer or the farm boys, out here they all have snow mobiles they dart out of the fields right into traffic at night >:(

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang! I've never seen a deer riding a snowmobile! Got any pics? M :wink: nty

Seriousy, it's been cold here for a few days and expecting cold rain on Christmas Eve, but we only get snow about twice a year and it only lasts about 2 days. I use to love the cold and snow when I was doing a lot of hunting, but now it makes my bones ache so I think I'll head down south for a month or so and visit my daughter in south Texas. There should be some good metal detecting sites there too! Monty

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was the First day I
Walked outside since the Blizzard.
Hard to tell Depths Because of Drifting
but I only have 3 or 4 inches on my Sidwalk

so We definately missed the big stuff this time.

Intresting Drift there at the Back Door !

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
This was the First day I
Walked outside since the Blizzard.
Hard to tell Depths Because of Drifting
but I only have 3 or 4 inches on my Sidwalk

so We definately missed the big stuff this time.

Intresting Drift there at the Back Door !
Thats my tool shed its filled with snow i guess the high winds blew it open ill dig it out tomorrow lol

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
I feel for ya and I don't blame ya a bit for passing on the snow activities... We got lucky here in Indy and only got a dusting. It's all already gone now and there isn't anymore expected until Christmas day...
Stay warm, and thanks for sharing...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread