The bottlecap syndrome.

Lizard-Prince

Jun 5, 2008
Bayamon P.R.
Detector(s) used
DFX,BH ID,5000s2,AT Max,MX Sport,Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It has been a couple of months now that I have been a proud owner of an Equinox 800. I have averaged close to $50 or so since its arrival in December last year. I have been busy with 3 of my 9 detectors the V3i and the APEX but I feel a great tug of war between all 9 units. Yet still, I feel great concern over the possibility of investing by the end of this year in the Manticore with affirm waiting for my credit to show for the first time 4 stars in the meantime I watch training videos on the unit. I feel an intense pull of mystery involved in this unit something I never felt with the 800. The question is can Manticore be an alter ego in some way close to the V3i? Is it really possible to block out completely the pesky bottlecaps like Spectra did? The fact that iron is no more a bother is music to my ears and since I recycle aluminum cans I don't mind pulling out a few foil and tabs in the process. I will need urgently the sniper coil for it since I am not a fan of the large coils on any detector. My main coil for Spectra has been unused since I brought Gorgo in 2008 I was told by my supplier Manticore "Gaborah" baby coil is not yet been released. Well hoping December is soon to come for the deadly strike of Gaborah will make a move as his new owner. Thanks for any feedback on this unit Ralph L/P

The Manticore reports screw caps as a nice sounding 74 to 76 with a solid round dot on the "coin" line. I don't know how you could distinguish them from a coin other than size (lifting the coil too high to represent what the depth meter is saying). Crown caps sound a bit more scratchy, show a lower number and have a less distinct dot on the screen.

I rarely get a good bottle cap signal on my 800 (and even less on my 900). Are you using F2 iron bias and a setting of 6 to deal with bottle caps? The only ones I find that still fool me sometimes, are the ones wrapped in foil, or, the ones squashed flat, rusty, and deep.

I rarely did a bottle cap unless it’s aluminum with my manticore. On my nox I pretty much skipped digging 16’s as they tended to be bottle caps.

Same bottle caps come up sounding different and the 2D screen shows a long target usually bleeding up or down on the ferris line. The aluminum ones sound and read like Zincolns

Thanks for the input the issue on bottlecaps was in regard to the iron ones the aluminum ones don't bother me since I recycle them with my aluminum cans. What I am doing with them I use the trick to check them with the horseshoe button and the negative number on my 800. Just as long as I get that iron cap in that grey zone and kill off the sound in my Gaborah unit Tornado (800) will not be alone anymore. I have not been able to wait till December for my Gaborah unit and I had a heck of a hard time trying to find a supplier that had a waiting list for the Manticore of only 5 persons and submitted my order through Paypal Now the issue is to wait for that supplier to get his share of units so he can send me mine. I had a hell of a problem with Cabelas and Bass Pro because the folks at Minelab blocked my zipcode from sending me one because of the darn lithium batteries issues. I do understand UPS will be delivering me to Gaborah ground 2nd-day air fair. By the way, folks my birthday is tomorrow Monday 24 April I climb to 60 Again thanks for your kind and friendly collaboration with your brother in faith Ralph "The Lizard Prince"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back