What's new

The coin that never made the banner

Burdie

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2005
Messages
5,591
Reaction score
90
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This coin was found near a Spanish Fort on private property that I had permission to hunt. A fine group of hunters came together for one day and had a great time. Thanks to Evan for the video on You tube.

PICT0003.webp

PICT0007.webp


Hope you enjoy.

Burdie
 

Attachments

  • PICT0003.webp
    PICT0003.webp
    70.4 KB · Views: 2,975
  • PICT0007.webp
    PICT0007.webp
    103.2 KB · Views: 2,984
Upvote 0
Sorry, don't recognize the coin. Do you know what it is? Looks Mexican, and the date looks like 1751, but I can't identify much else. Don't know the denomination. I bet that S on the reverse means something though.
 
It's a Spanish coin. King Ferdinand VI it appears (King of Spain and India?)

Awesome find!
 
I think the O over M is a mintmark for Mexico City. So not Spanish.
 
Nice historic spot you all have there.
 
1751 Ferdinand VI , Pillar type 1/2 reale Mexico City mint.
 
Stan...I never saw that find before...That is a banner find!...especially coming from the midwest.....Steve
 
OH cool, Burdie! I did see the coin before, but don't remember the video! 8) Very NICE! And agreed....being where that coin was found makes it extra special! :icon_pirat: Should'a made banner for sure! :notworthy:

Nana~ :-*
 
diggummup said:
1751 Ferdinand VI , Pillar type 1/2 reale Mexico City mint.

You have it correct diggummup. It was a thrill to find.
Burdie
 
Hi Stan

I nominated your find for banner.........you deserve it :icon_thumright:
 
I think it came out of that casino you always patronize.The Spanish probably stopped there to gamble a little also.

Great find,my friend and it should be on the banner!
 
Very nice find!
 
not to be a scrooge or anything, but although your coin may be one of your favorite finds it doesn't scream "banner" to me. I guess what bothers me is that you had to re-post your coin a second time in hopes of making banner. is it really that important? Nice coin, cool story, just not banner in my book. sorry.
 
th3offspring, if you actually knew Burdie, you'd never say that. by you saying that all you did was insult him and make yourself look like a fool. I also know there are a lot of people on this site that would agree
 
It boggles me at times what doesn't make the banner but guess it comes down to personal taste...Great coin! Great year!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom