What's new

THE COOLEST RING, AH...COIN, I MEAN RING....NO COIN......I EVER FOUND

deepbeep

Full Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2009
Messages
192
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bolivar, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
In late fall, maybe the first part of November 1999, I was hunting a girlscout camp that had been around since the turn of the century (about 1902 or so). Myself and a fellow metal detector named Bob Green had been hitting the camp quickly for a couple of weeks before winter arrived. The Ranger who was managing the camp was retiring the first of the year and we weren't sure we would be able to come back the next year.

I was checking in a grassy area outside a shower house by the pool. I sudenly got a pretty strong dime signal at about 5 inches. I had pulled a few mercs from the camp, and it is by far my favorite coin. I just love the art work on a merc.

What I saw in the bottom of the hole under the plug shocked me.

It was a 1945 Mercury dime somebody had made into a ring. It is small, probably worn by a young girl attending camp. I thought it was even more cool because it is probably pretty much a one of a kind made by somebody's father.

I was reading some of the "My best finds" this evening and thought of this ring. So, I went and dug it out of the ol' treasure box and took a couple of pics.

Thanks for looking,
Tim
 

Attachments

  • Mercury ring 002A.webp
    Mercury ring 002A.webp
    8.5 KB · Views: 1,491
  • Mercury ring 001A.webp
    Mercury ring 001A.webp
    7.3 KB · Views: 1,498
Upvote 0
Good point Likely......or maybe it was a camp councler and that was her wedding aniversary. Either way, I bet 1945 was a special year for the lady that lost it.

Tim
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Wow! that is way cool Goes! Thanks for posting the links. I would have never thought there were more of them out there.

Tim
 
actually quite a few on ebay, I just put some on here to show you, I have seen ones with indian pennies as well. On ebay I just did a search for mercury dime ring, it is a cool find for sure!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom