Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Everyone,

You might see some posts like this over the winter, just group shots of different things, to stay involved while I can't dig. I encourage anyone else who can't dig to do the same!

So here are the Crowns and Perfect Seals that I've dug. These are Canadian jars, so I thought that maybe the Americans would be curious to see them.

I have a few other different Crowns, but for this colour run I stuck with machine-made variants embossed with the picture of a crown.

You're probably wondering why I went full flea market mom and wrapped the Perfect Seals with twine. Simply put, they look too bare, like something's missing, without the wire bail.

The Perfect Seal sequence image is from the SHA website.

DSCF8249c.jpgDSCF8256c.jpgperfectseal.jpg

I like those crown jars, they cleaned up great. Very attractive jar. Too bad about the bail wires. Guess they don't hold up well in the ground. I have a lot of bails, some clean and some mildly rusty. I would be happy to give you some if you thought they would fit. The only issue would be to fashion the wire with the ears.

Nice collection of jars. I like them all. Jgas.

Thanks! In the Crown picture from the left, jars 4, 5, and 6 were all dug this year. In the Perfect Seal pic, jars 1, 2, 5, and 6 were all dug this year, 3 of those in just one dig, that recent craziness, and the other one only a couple weeks earlier. All the other jars are from over the last 3 years or so. 2018 was insane for jars though, no doubt about it.

Here is my "other" pile of Crowns, two of which are from this year as well! The first is a ground lip (the one not from this year), the middle one is just awesome, one of my favourite Crowns, and the last one is "Cyclops", the only ABM half gal I've dug, a few weeks ago. An amethyst or odd colour half gal is one of my bucketlisters for sure.

DSCF8261.JPG

NJKLAGT You have a nice collection and display . I have a few crown lids but not the amount that you show on your pic . I have a few clear lids that are glass I have attached a picture .I guess they are more modern than what you are showing They appear to be a010.JPG seal that would be placed on top of the jar and than held fast with a ring fasten on threads of a jar

NJKLAGT You have a nice collection and display . I have a few crown lids but not the amount that you show on your pic . I have a few clear lids that are glass I have attached a picture .I guess they are more modern than what you are showing They appear to be aView attachment 1669476 seal that would be placed on top of the jar and than held fast with a ring fasten on threads of a jar

Thanks, glass half fool! I've come across maybe only one of those while digging, the top left one. Apparently we get very different jars on either side of the border!

Last edited:
Awesome finds you have a nice collection there Well done and thanks for sharing them Tommy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back