xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The month of January was tough for me I only got out 3 times. February has started off pretty well for me. I went out with The Silver Bandit to our nondescript city park to see if we could squeeze out a couple coins.. it's been drying up lately which is no surprise as we've been there quite a few times. I always tell myself "just find one good thing." The good thing started off with a Merc dime. Good enough my day was made! I wasn't finding much so I moved over to this area we hadn't really found anything. Right off the bat I found a silver rosie. 5 minutes later I found another Merc. I should have kept my mouth shut but I told the bandit as it's his spot and I view us as a team. Of course he came over and found a Merc in one minute. It was a pretty small area so once he got there the pressure was on!!! His battery went out so he went to change it and as he was walking to the car I popped out a nice dateless but lovely SLQ! Stoked! I ran over and showed him. It must have made him jealous because he was back lickety split and found a Barber quarter that I had missed! Ha! We swept the area hard for a short time and then the silver rush was over just like that! We bounced over to another city park and I found a really nice war nickel in the woods. 5 Silvers? Not bad for Feb. Next up I found a large silver looking coin. I picked it up... it had the right weight!!! I looked like it could be a reale or something. I sprayed it and the date of 1971 revealed it to be a fools gold type coin. It really had me excited. If it was a little older there's a good chance it would have been silver. Damn those Nederlanders! Great day to find some silver and got the silver mojo back for 2020! Thanks for reading!!! :headbang:

Attachments

• IMG_7616.JPG
    IMG_7616.JPG
    755.3 KB · Views: 78
Upvote 27
Hi Ho Silver, Away!:laughing7:

Great post great day wow I need one like that soon I could do without the fake gold coin though lol. Keep em coming

Great post, as usual. That's a lot of silver. Even with no date, those SLQs are beautiful, especially the reverse. Congrats on a productive day!

Five silver in a day? Not bad for February or any month! There's still plenty out there, nice finds!

Very nice coins, congrats! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back