What's new

The day for commemoratives is today

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2008
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
412
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Just read about Silver Cops nice find with the Stone Mountain and wouldn't you know it but I get my first silver commemorative. Scored the 1920 Maine Centennial half. I always figured I'd get one up here in Maine. Can't seem to get a nice picture of it but check it out!
 

Attachments

  • Maine-Commemorative-2.webp
    Maine-Commemorative-2.webp
    20.9 KB · Views: 326
  • maine-commemorative-sized-1.webp
    maine-commemorative-sized-1.webp
    55.8 KB · Views: 344
Upvote 0
Thats a beaut

HH
-GC
 
yea i guess it is a comm day. funny though you getting a maine and being from maine. i live in alabama and got the stone mnt. (georgia)
 
Oh my Jim.....great score!!! The mintage is very low on these.....only 50,000. That is sweeeet!!! Your first is a doozy....congrats.
 
Thanks - yes I see that and I think it grades out pretty well in hand. The red book gives a good detail on it's release being delayed for the centennial then sold around here. Maybe it was similar with the Stone Mountain and people in Alabama grabbing these special release coins.

Maine_Jim
 
That's a nice looking coin,and expensive to buy. Nice find ! :thumbsup:
 
i love those commemoratives, wish i could find one in the wild. i do have the sesquicentenial, but i didn't find it CRHing :thumbsup:
 
First one I've seen found in here. :icon_thumright:
 
Never seen one of those before, not even at coin shows. Congrads on a nice commemorative.
 
excellent score there you "Maineiac" . 8)

Yes, first one I've seen posted on this forum (member since '06)

Great way to start off your weekend.
 
Beautiful from what I can see. How appropriate a Maine commemorative!

Golden Silver
 
My photo set-up is pretty poor. No tripod and a single 60 watt light bulb ;D - My place is pretty much full of my kid's toys...we kinda spoil him a bit :tongue3: - I have all the gear but it is just stuck in boxes in my barn and getting it out would detract from my CRH hobby...

Maine_Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom