What's new

THE DEVONSHIRE REGI ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,846
Reaction score
76,290
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picture_020.webpPicture_030.webpPicture_038.webp

What Can you Tell Me ?

Reenactor Button,

real ?
 

Attachments

  • Picture_020.webp
    Picture_020.webp
    65.6 KB · Views: 516
  • Picture_030.webp
    Picture_030.webp
    2 KB · Views: 1,452
  • Picture_038.webp
    Picture_038.webp
    4.5 KB · Views: 1,503
the devonshire regiment * clearly a english military unit type button
 
Upvote 0
Also the back seems to indicate 20th century, the earliest any of them could be would be the 1880s, but I think this is a much later button. It is for sure not the same design as the one posted above from 1890s.

Don
 
Upvote 0
Don in SJ said:
Also the back seems to indicate 20th century, the earliest any of them could be would be the 1880s, but I think this is a much later button. It is for sure not the same design as the one posted above from 1890s.

Don

Yes it appears to be a PlaStic Back.
The loop Emerges from a Hole in the Center.
there is no Makers Mark

The Center Piece is Gold Toned
the Rest of the front is Black & TAN
 
Upvote 0
they used the term "the devonshire regiment "--from 1881 to 1958 * so must be from that time frame .
 
Upvote 0
as I said --"the devonshire regiment" --1881 to 1958 * range of existance as known by that name.
 
Upvote 0
Crowns completely wrong to be military & so is the construction - so modern blazer button or reenactment type.
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
Crowns completely wrong to be military & so is the construction - so modern blazer button or reenactment type.

THANKS !
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
When I first Dug it I thought it
was an E.

After closer inspection I saw What looked Like words.
Picture_020.webp

Only after Searching Devonshire Regi did I see
it pointed Up.

so it's a crown , not a castle.
Or did you mean the Crown above ?

THANKS Again Everyone !
 
Upvote 0
jeff of pa said:
so it's a crown , not a castle.
Or did you mean the Crown above ?

Castle in the center; crown at the top. :coffee2:
 
Upvote 0
PBK said:
jeff of pa said:
so it's a crown , not a castle.
Or did you mean the Crown above ?

Castle in the center; crown at the top. :coffee2:

yeah :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom