What's new

the die hards...but what do the words ....

Des from down under

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2009
Messages
470
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
taupo
Detector(s) used
garett 1500 gti and T2 ltd, garrett propointer
under the crown say.. hi I found this in New Zealand
a month ago and whilst I have researched the 57th regiment that served here in 1861 till 1867, cant quite establish the word under the crown..could it be albuhera ..can make out some of the letters ..this may figger as it is where they got there battle honours.,..love an experts advice..thanks Des
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0003.webp
    DSCF0003.webp
    106.5 KB · Views: 256
  • DSCF0003.webp
    DSCF0003.webp
    106.5 KB · Views: 248
Des from down under said:
under the crown say.. hi I found this in New Zealand
a month ago and whilst I have researched the 57th regiment that served here in 1861 till 1867, cant quite establish the word under the crown..could it be albuhera ..can make out some of the letters ..this may figger as it is where they got there battle honours.,..love an experts advice..thanks Des
http://www.worcestershireregiment.com/wr.php?main=inc/h_albuera
I think you solved it yourself. :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
Des from down under said:
under the crown say.. hi I found this in New Zealand
a month ago and whilst I have researched the 57th regiment that served here in 1861 till 1867, cant quite establish the word under the crown..could it be albuhera ..can make out some of the letters ..this may figger as it is where they got there battle honours.,..love an experts advice..thanks Des
http://www.worcestershireregiment.com/wr.php?main=inc/h_albuera
I think you solved it yourself. :icon_thumright:
thanks cru all the best
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom