What's new

The Dream Reference Library - For Researching Your Finds

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2006
Messages
3,283
Reaction score
240
Golden Thread
1
Location
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you were building the dream reference library what books would you include. To keep it some what limited lets start with just books to research your finds. Not history books for finding sites.

I'll start this with two:

Uniform Buttons of the United States: 1776-1865 by Warren K. Tice

A Historical Sketch of the Coins of New Jersey by Edward Maris
(I had to include this one - NJ)

I currently don't own either one but I've seen both of them.
NJ

(Please bold the book titles so it is easy for someone to scan quickly through the post)
 
I would add

The_Emilio_collection_of_military_button.pdf by Essex Institute, Luis Fenollosa Emilio. It is available as a download from Google Books.

Thank you for starting this thread.

~j
 
Civil War Projectiles II (Small Arms and Artillery).

Any books listing the location of Military battles and camping/training areas. (These usually have maps).

And an illustrated book describing coins other than US coins. (Including coins lost in ship wrecks along the southern coasts).

Gosh there could be an entire library when you get to thinking about it. Monty
 
Monty said:
Gosh there could be an entire library when you get to thinking about it. Monty

That is what I was thinking but I thought this tread maybe helpful to newbies and seasoned hunters alike by introducing them to reference material they did not know existed. NJ
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom