Garrett Freedom 2
Garrett Deepseeker ADS ll
Garrett Deepseeker TR/VLF
D-Tex RS 200
Garrett Groundhog TR/VLF
A.H. Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
After 4 years and well over 100 outings I stumped Ironman. Second time since 2018.
Not counting finding the tweeker loot. We were nose to nose with a clad quarter each. He dug a copper memorial and I dug a copper memorial. He dug a Jefferson Nickel and then it happened the perfect 12-12 reading. 3 inches down a beautiful 1904 V Nickel. The "V" would later become "V" for "Victory"for me.

It was 12 degrees when I pimp walked over to hand drop it. Of course I didn't have my glasses on. He immediately says "Jefferson" . I stared at him, he knew I knew he was not telling the truth. He then said " V nickel 1904."
He then started looking frantically. He started going over spots I'd been. I could see sweat coming off his forehead.

Finally he said "Well it's about time we go" . I was sure he was sandbagging. But no he wasn't able to pull it off. When we got to the pickup I knew it was safe to say, "oh , I dug some silver with a purple stone in it." I handed it over, he looked at closely, I said" can't tell how it attaches to the ear." He looks at me. He only can belittle me now, he has nothing better to show me. He quips, " hey old timer it's a belly button ring. You've probably never seen one, much less up close." He was right, but I didn't care I skunked him today.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
After 4 years and well over 100 outings I stumped Ironman. Second time since 2018.
Not counting finding the tweeker loot. We were nose to nose with a clad quarter each. He dug a copper memorial and I dug a copper memorial. He dug a Jefferson Nickel and then it happened the perfect 12-12 reading. 3 inches down a beautiful 1904 V Nickel. The "V" would later become "V" for "Victory"for me.

It was 12 degrees when I pimp walked over to hand drop it. Of course I didn't have my glasses on. He immediately says "Jefferson" . I stared at him, he knew I knew he was not telling the truth. He then said " V nickel 1904."
He then started looking frantically. He started going over spots I'd been. I could see sweat coming off his forehead.

Finally he said "Well it's about time we go" . I was sure he was sandbagging. But no he wasn't able to pull it off. When we got to the pickup I knew it was safe to say, "oh , I dug some silver with a purple stone in it." I handed it over, he looked at closely, I said" can't tell how it attaches to the ear." He looks at me. He only can belittle me now, he has nothing better to show me. He quips, " hey old timer it's a belly button ring. You've probably never seen one, much less up close." He was right, but I didn't care I skunked him today.
Nice going. :occasion14:
Old saying: Need pictures or it didn't happen. :laughing7:

OP
OP
M

moreb

Nov 15, 2017
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
F75
Minelab Sovereign GT
Troy Shadow X5
Fisher 1266X
Garrett Freedom 2
D-Tex RS 200
Garrett Groundhog TR/VLF
A.H. Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going. :occasion14:
Old saying: Need pictures or it didn't happen. :laughing7:
I will tonight post the pictures.
However I will not be posting irornman’s photos because he has nothing to post.😎

MidMoTreasure

Jul 2, 2012
Mid-Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Super Sluice, Banjo Pan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will tonight post the pictures.
However I will not be posting irornman’s photos because he has nothing to post.😎
That's harsh man, harsh!! I worked hard for that clad quarter. And I noticed you left out the part about finding that zincoln cent under the discarded ladies undergarment that I wasn't brave enough to pick up.

OP
OP
M

moreb

Nov 15, 2017
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
F75
Minelab Sovereign GT
Troy Shadow X5
Fisher 1266X
Garrett Freedom 2
D-Tex RS 200
Garrett Groundhog TR/VLF
A.H. Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's harsh man, harsh!! I worked hard for that clad quarter. And I noticed you left out the part about finding that zincoln cent under the discarded ladies undergarment that I wasn't brave enough to pick up.
I don't have any pictures of that. Oh and don't forget the lighter was under it too.

OP
OP
M

moreb

Nov 15, 2017
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
F75
Minelab Sovereign GT
Troy Shadow X5
Fisher 1266X