What's new

The "elusive" 54p wheatie

PJ in WI

Full Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2007
Messages
147
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
EXPLORER SE and an ACE 250
The "elusive" 54p wheatie

I have been crhing for 10 months now. I did $4,200 in pennies last year and $100 a week this year. I can not find the 54p wheatie. I have found 5 Indian Heads, 3 1909p, and 2 43 (steel), but I can not find the 54. Does anybody else have difficulty finding any particular date especially what seems like an easy date.
 
Upvote 0
Re: The "elusive" 54p wheatie

I've got 5 54P, but only 2 55S. The latest wheat I'm missing is the 43S and then the 38S. I've been through about $6000 and have gotten 13 steels, 3 1909P and 8 Indians (oldest is 1891). Together, I've got 5786 wheat pennies. Hope this puts things in perspective!

HH
-GC
 
Re: The "elusive" 54p wheatie

Hang in there. It took me $2000 to find a 1950 wheat.. now I have like 3 of them. I'm still missing a 1941-S to complete my whitman 1941-1974 book. It'll show up at some point. You've gotten better other finds than me.. to this date, I've only found one Indian Head cent and no 1909's.
 
Re: The "elusive" 54p wheatie

PJ in WI said:
I have been crhing for 10 months now. I did $4,200 in pennies last year and $100 a week this year. I can not find the 54p wheatie. I have found 5 Indian Heads, 3 1909p, and 2 43 (steel), but I can not find the 54. Does anybody else have difficulty finding any particular date especially what seems like an easy date.

I have 14 of the 1954 wheatie. NOt esay to find. But I only have 2 of the 1909, so you are ahead of me on that one. :-)

I have 42 of the 1943. (Found a bunch in a solid roll of steelies)

I have 47 of the 1950 wheat, so that one was not as hard to find for me.

My scarcest of the newer dates is the 1955S, wher I have only 6. then the 1954 with only 14.

My newest date with ZERO found is 1933D. IN fact, I have 0 of the 1931D, 1931S, 1932, 1932D, 1933 and 1933D. Tough period for minting pennies! HA!
 
Re: The "elusive" 54p wheatie

From 1/1/2007 on (when my stat keeping became better), 1954 is one of my lowest totals from 1940 on with 54 of them.

The other dates with lower totals:
1941-S Small S (28)
1941-S Large S (14)
1942-S (21)
1943-S (4)
1943-D (8)
1943 (23)
1947 (44)
1948-S (45)
1949-S (25)
1950-S (46)
1954-S (29)
1955-S (17)

The only ones I have left to find to complete the set are as follows:
1909-S VDB
1909-S
1910-S
1911-S
1912-S
1913-D
1914-D
1915-S
1922-D
1923-S
1926-S
1931
1931-S
1932

This is from 15,113 wheat pennies pulled over that period.
 
Re: The "elusive" 54p wheatie

Got 2x 1954-P wheaties in yesterday's penny box...
 
Re: The "elusive" 54p wheatie

Thanks for the replies guys. I am really impressed with the amount you guys have found but I am extremely impressed with the records you guys keep. All I keep a total of is the amount of wheaties for the year and a couple of the key dates.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom