The English Have Nothing on Me. Hammered Coin Today!!

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am a member on a help others site called Lost My Stuff. I got a report of a Tiffany platinum ring lost in 20 - 60 foot of water. It is in a private campground/resort. I thought why not try. Talked to him yesterday and the plan was to meet at 9am with another diver. The resort requires two. Well I got there at 9 and no other diver. I decided to play in the shallow water in the swim area until he came. Boy did I clean up the clad. I thought the hammered coin was a silver quarter. However, I scraped the edge of it and I can see copper so it is a hammered clad quarter! Find one of those Crusader!!

No old coins just clad after clad. 46 quarters, (47 with the hammered) 16 dimes, 26 nickels, and 31 pennies. A titanium ring and a silver ring. Best find was the Uncle Henry pocket knife.

Well the other diver was a no show. The person that runs the place said she wasn't giving me permission to dive by myself. However she was leaving at 5:00 and nobody would be there to stop me! So after she left the guy that lost the ring put my float out where he thought it was lost. I go out expecting the worst. It was only 17 - 20 foot deep and all muck. Got some old pull tab cans, and a couple of ice fishing ice skimmers, and I found a ice spud. I didn't come across his ring though. Going to try it again this week. Hopefully I can find another diver so I can be out there a lot longer. I told him I would try once more.

Upvote 14

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
Sweet hammered quarter!!!!!

hope you can get back out and find the ring and maybe some others as well

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also have recovered a few gold wedding bands for the Lost My Stuff Group. It's a great feeling when you return a lost item and share in the happiness of the person who gets it back. Looks like you hit a virgin beach.
Congrats on a nice haul and good luck on your next try.

Last edited:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I not sure I can follow that....

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I not sure I can follow that....

It was a joke. My clad quarter was hammered beyond recondition. You can only see part of the reeded edge to even know it was a clad quarter. Your hammered coins are hammered into coins. Mine was a newer clad coin hammered into something totally worthless.

You and your hammered coins are an act nobody in the states can even come close to. Your finds are spectacular.

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
SD, remember that the Brits have a different sense of humor than us Yanks. :laughing7: But you're definitely right - Crusader DOES get the magnificent finds!!

Beautiful knife! They have a lifetime warranty, but they're no longer made in USA - or at least not last time I checked. That's a keeper for sure!! :thumbsup:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NICE COINAGE FINDS .

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
SD, remember that the Brits have a different sense of humor than us Yanks. :laughing7: But you're definitely right - Crusader DOES get the magnificent finds!!

Beautiful knife! They have a lifetime warranty, but they're no longer made in USA - or at least not last time I checked. That's a keeper for sure!! :thumbsup:

I never talked to a Brit actually. I hope they can see humor in my post. If not I hope I didn't offend. Thanks for the heads up KCM. Will make sure I think of different titles.

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you made the best of your time after the "no show". I found a "hammered" wheat cent a few months ago, so welcome to the club!
Hammered wheatie front.jpg

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey, I'm just going by what I've seen on TV. From the 60's until now, it seems that British humor is quite different. A lot of times, people across the pond just don't get a joke, whether it's that side of the pond or this side. ...And this is in addition to any "warped" sense of humor, such as mine! :tongue3:

KENTUCKYWONDER

Feb 28, 2016
West Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Two nations divided by a common language."

Last edited:

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
I never talked to a Brit actually. I hope they can see humor in my post. If not I hope I didn't offend. Thanks for the heads up KCM. Will make sure I think of different titles.
Very sure you talk to Brits all the time, it's just that they call themselves American now.:laughing7:

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a joke. My clad quarter was hammered beyond recondition. You can only see part of the reeded edge to even know it was a clad quarter. Your hammered coins are hammered into coins. Mine was a newer clad coin hammered into something totally worthless.

You and your hammered coins are an act nobody in the states can even come close to. Your finds are spectacular.

So was mine, a joke that is. ie. 'How can I follow that' (great find)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Say...does that hammered modern clad quarter qualify as a banner find? It is, so far, one of a kind! :D
Leave it to you to find the unusual!

Nice haul of clad and knife.
Hope the ring makes an appearance for ya.

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome pocket knife! I would keep that one, since I have a small collection of them! Very cool!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet clad haul Scuba, Maybe you'll pull that ring tomorrow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread