The find of a life time 1789 George Washington Inaugural Button & 1821 1/2 Real.

Eagle 1

Greenie
Jul 25, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
HI all
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif] Well I went out today with my friend Doug he a new sight to try. So we wen't out this past sunday morning. He had found some nice [/FONT]coin's last week there. So I was hopping to fine a real or a doubloon maybe
hmmm.gif
. Well I was hopping anyway. So it was a hell of a climb to the top of the hill. But we got there and start to hunt. The first hour did not find much but gun shells. It was a big field and wood's. Doug went in the wood's and I hit the field. My first good find was a large brass bar a good 2 ft long and 2 in. in diam. 10 lb. My next fine was what I thought was a large cent. Then I saw it was to thin it was a large button. At first it just seem to be a plain flat large button. I rubbed it to get off the mud off and then I saw a G. I told my self it can't be. So I rubbed it one more time and there was the W. I could not believe my eye's
yikes.gif
. A 1789 George Washington Inaugural Button it is a rare one. I first yelled at Doug but he could not hear me. So I ran to him and told him he better be sitting down. I thought his eye's were going to come out of his head. It took him a min. to get the wards out. When he did he gave me a big congrat's . He also told me that I got the big suck award for the year with a smile. So I wen't back and started up again. Within 10 feet I pull out a 1821 1/2 real what a day. I also pulled out a small button pewter and a spoon also pewter.

Attachments

• 20121126_5.JPG
    20121126_5.JPG
    512.5 KB · Views: 826
  • 20121126_4.JPG
    20121126_4.JPG
    534.2 KB · Views: 592
Upvote 17

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
You do know most websites don't tolerate racist comments.

Is that all you got??

Electrolosis on shipwrecks i believe they electrify the water and not the item itself..So it loosens the material from the outside in..

You must be a lib..There last line of defense when they are losing an argument is to cry racist..

Blaze

Last edited:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that all you got??

Electrolosis on shipwrecks i believe they electrify the water and not the item itself..So it loosens the material from the outside in..

You must be a lib..There last line of defense when they are losing an argument is to cry racist..

Blaze

Edit: I don't plan to waste even one more minute of this Saturday on you. Well maybe one if you keep it up.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that all you got??

Blaze

DO NOT MAKE ANOTHER RACIST COMMENT ON THESE FORUMS!

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh my God i gotta point against me!!!

What is this kindergarten..

Uh o wait can i say God on here??

Ever wonder why all the best people on this forum has jumped ship?

Blaze

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Blaze

Johnny pop your meds and chill a little dude. It ain't cabin fever time yet.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Blaze

You make one more racist comment here and school is out. We have rules here and racist comments will not be tollerated..................

Last edited:

Dignitup

Jan 17, 2008
Ackerman,MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You make one more racist comment here and school is out. We have rules here and racist comments will not be tollerated..................
Thank you TH! Oh by the way good morning. I know i haven't been on for a long time and haven't posted anything in a long time and what i have posted hasn't been much at all. Yes i am still green but i do have to say this. Bashing one for what he does to his finds weather there historical or not is just plain wrong. They are his finds. Advice is a great thing, bashing is bull and you two going at each other like a couple of cats fighting over the last sardine in the can is just plain childish. I really thought this site was about friendship, sharing our finds from what we love doing and giving congrats to our fellow detectorist on there finds. Not beating them into the ground for what they do with there finds. That being said Eagle 1 congrats on the GW button. A kickbutt find. CLEANED OR NOT!!!

rickn1

Dec 14, 2011
Southern Saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did anyone read the comment under the moderator !!! " WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE!" Point well made. Who cares if you drill a hole in it , put a string thru it , and wear it around your neck. " You found it, you keep it, it's yours to do with as you like."
Just about time to end this thread, people its only December!! What will it be like on this forum before the ground thaws ??

By the way beautiful find, cleaned or not.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok....but that's fine, but don't come on here telling everybody that it's ok to use electrolosis on items like buttons, when it's NOT. I don't think anybody spoke out of tone and he recieved plenty of praise about his find.

If you don't tell someone they have done wrong, then how will they know.

SS

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok....but that's fine, but don't come on here telling everybody that it's ok to use electrolosis on items like buttons, when it's NOT. I don't think anybody spoke out of tone and he recieved plenty of praise about his find.

If you don't tell someone they have done wrong, then how will they know.

SS

But look at the tone that was used. It wasn't educational, it was.... you ruined it and it's basically worthless now. Which I might add is a joke because just like cleaned coins if you put them on ebay they will have no problem getting bids. In fact, I see coins all the time that were cleaned and I'm amazed at the prices they bring, and that's because there's lots of buyers that aren't highly educated in the ins and outs of coin buying, or they just have different taste and like a shiny coin. So people can say what they want, but I can guarantee there is a market for a GW button with all the detail clear compared to one that's dug and corroded and only partly visible. This is from experience having sold a lot of Colonial period coins and Rev war buttons, most buyers are not detector people and don't think the same way. And another thing I might add that a button could be recovered from salt water and look exactly the same way, and is that one "worthless" too? Heck it could be more pitted, broken, and bent, and is that worthless? Had he posted one in that type of condition and answered no, that he didn't clean it, then all this thread would have been was high fives. The only conclusion I can draw from the whole thing is there's a little GW envy going on. ;) lol But not by you SS, you probably have about as good of chance as finding one as I do! (And that ain't much) :)

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is nothing wrong with telling a member the process they used to clean or preserve a piece has damaged the piece, was the wrong process or of a better way to clean and preserve a relic, BUT there is never a reason to insult attack or bash a member while telling them... You can not bash, insult or attack a member......

Racist comments are NEVER allowed here and is one of the quickest way to lose the privilege to post or even be here....

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Iron Patch said:
So the shipwreck guys better stop cleaning those 8 Reales? :)

How is a 8 reale an important historical artifact

fmerg

Nov 1, 2008
kingston ny
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
minelab quattro, explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What give's with the members of t-net
attacking members with crude remarks
maybe we should all re-read the terms of service.
commenting on the way a button or coin should be cleaned should never result in being called an idiot
or implying someone needs to be giving a ride in an ambulance
i for one ruin a coin with electrolysis so now i do not use it
right now i have a coin that has a very thick layer of the green patina that i think if i remove i may be able to id the coin
but until i know for sure it will set with the bunch of other LC i have dug

the GW is still a great find and someone would love to own it congrats are in order

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How is a 8 reale an important historical artifact

An 8 reale from a shipwreck, especially a well known one most certainly is as historic an artifact as that GW button. The more common GW stuff is way over hyped on this site... almost as if Washington worn the buttons himself! ....and I think that many people who reply actually think that.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What give's with the members of t-net
attacking members with crude remarks
maybe we should all re-read the terms of service.
commenting on the way a button or coin should be cleaned should never result in being called an idiot
or implying someone needs to be giving a ride in an ambulance
i for one ruin a coin with electrolysis so now i do not use it
right now i have a coin that has a very thick layer of the green patina that i think if i remove i may be able to id the coin
but until i know for sure it will set with the bunch of other LC i have dug

the GW is still a great find and someone would love to own it congrats are in order

If the ambulance comment was the pic that was directed at me, definitely don't worry about that. I understand what level Johnny is on, and to be honest I just laugh at his replies. He did go too far with one of his last comments though, and not that I care, but the forum mods. and owners sure do!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you'll be going bye bye again soon. :laughing7:

He has gone "bye bye"... If he wants to spend his time signing up, we can spend the 2 seconds it takes to hit the one touch ban and delete icon and delete all his posts and his account each time..

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just banned him again....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread