๐Ÿฅ‡ BANNER The Find of a Lifetime!

gigmaster

Mar 16, 2007
Chesapeake, VA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox (coming!), Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics G2, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark 2
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been hitting this area and have found lots of old coins. Yesterday i found a 178? Spanish reale, 1820 large cent, 1941 quarter, Indian head penny and one of the rarest coins i will ever find! A 1787 New York cent! It is eat up pretty bad but you can make out what it is. One article says only 12 know to exist! (13 now) Also found a few civil war bullets, old lock and more! Here are a couple pics of my finds! Awesome day!

IMG_8552.JPGFullSizeRender 10.jpgFullSizeRender 11.jpgFullSizeRender 12.jpgFullSizeRender 7.jpgScreen Shot 2016-09-09 at 11.49.17 PM.png

Upvote 98
63184485.jpg

Way to go gigmaster!

Quick, message me with the gps coordinates to your site! :skullflag:

What is that grenade fuse looking thing above the fork?

That coins needs a professional conservator....it is a great piece of history.
....it also needs to be up top!

Fantastic find, congratulations! :notworthy:

I'm betting there are quite a few Colonial Copper collectors missing this in their collection.... Example: me......
Great find and great save!!!
I vote banner...for sure

Wow, an amazing find! Did you see how much it could be worth? Would be interesting to know just how much it could be worth. Good luck hunting out there. maybe I will run into you sometime out there in the Hampton Roads area.

HH

Hockey_Detectorist

Always fun to meet up with fellow detectorists!!

hopefully i get my 2 cents in! (or at least this one cent) lol
I have been lurking Treasurenet for at least 15 years, and I have never seen one of those coppers.

I am also going to vote for a banner. We need the crรจme de la crรจme of filthy pennies up there.

Amazing piece of the early United States of America! So happy for you! Voted Banner! Great finds with your other coins also. Thanks for posting and putting up the video also.
Cindy

Steve that is absolutely amazing! Congrats on the coin and banner vote is in!

The first thing to do would be to get it authenticated, copies of this coin have been made for over 100 years. If genuine, this would be one of the rarest coins ever posted on Treasurenet!

Amazing Find. Banner for sure.Banner vote in

The first thing to do would be to get it authenticated, copies of this coin have been made for over 100 years. If genuine, this would be one of the rarest coins ever posted on Treasurenet!
Its an Extremely Rare coin & now I've done my reading, I send out a huge CONGRATS to the OP. BANNER DAY.
But this statement is untrue;
''be one of the rarest coins ever posted on Treasurenet''
Best qualifying that with one of the rarest American Coppers ever posted, because I've posted some 'Unique to date' coins, & several under 10 known. Plus I can think of many others posted by other members.

PS. in fact only last week I posted a Roman Coin that the British Museum have recorded as the 3rd known.

Last edited:
It maybe a little eaten up as you say, but the main thing is there is enough to be sure of the ID. That's great news.

Would you Museum wax it, to stop it drying & protect it a bit?

My BANNER vote is going in now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back