🥇 BANNER The Find of a Lifetime!

gigmaster

Mar 16, 2007
Chesapeake, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox (coming!), Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics G2, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark 2
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been hitting this area and have found lots of old coins. Yesterday i found a 178? Spanish reale, 1820 large cent, 1941 quarter, Indian head penny and one of the rarest coins i will ever find! A 1787 New York cent! It is eat up pretty bad but you can make out what it is. One article says only 12 know to exist! (13 now) Also found a few civil war bullets, old lock and more! Here are a couple pics of my finds! Awesome day!

IMG_8552.JPGFullSizeRender 10.jpgFullSizeRender 11.jpgFullSizeRender 12.jpgFullSizeRender 7.jpgScreen Shot 2016-09-09 at 11.49.17 PM.png

Upvote 98
Thanks for all the support for the banner! I went back today and dug 6 silver coins! One was a 1751 spanish reale! That honey hole has more to give! at least i know what that coin is now! Thanks for helping ID it!

Pics?

!!!! YEAH !! and a WOW !!! !! what a coin!!--loved yer vid, and seeing some eq. I didn't know existed- the Garret underwater pinpointer!!- and after seeing our floating basket, gonna make me one of them!-- I do a lake up here in the Finger lakes of N.Y. that has an old clay bottom beach that has given me plenty when the waters low--problem now is sense the pulled the weeds, that clay is now a foot of silt that I sink in with every step-- (perhaps snow shows will work) (joking)----

Amazing! All of these finds are great, but the NY cent is a dream coin! Congratulations! :occasion14:

Gig, Let me start by saying I am not usually a fan of these videos....but I really enjoyed yours. Not a bunch of dramatic music and craziness. Just a guy out in the water enjoying this hobby. Your finds are fantastic and your excitement is contagious. As for the incredible coin, that's as good as it gets man. An amazing rarity from a special time period in our history. It doesn't get much better my friend. I know where there's a stone wharf that was in existence from the mid 1600s to around 1688. You may have just inspired me to get in the water.
Good luck in the future and I'd love to see some of your other better finds. I have a feeling you've got some good ones

Excellent finds and hope this site yields even more banner finds for you.

Amazing! All of these finds are great, but the NY cent is a dream coin! Congratulations! :occasion14:
Thanks for the input on the videos. i have contemplated more BS in them but i agree on the simplicity! thanks!

!!!! YEAH !! and a WOW !!! !! what a coin!!--loved yer vid, and seeing some eq. I didn't know existed- the Garret underwater pinpointer!!- and after seeing our floating basket, gonna make me one of them!-- I do a lake up here in the Finger lakes of N.Y. that has an old clay bottom beach that has given me plenty when the waters low--problem now is sense the pulled the weeds, that clay is now a foot of silt that I sink in with every step-- (perhaps snow shows will work) (joking)----
Good luck in NY!!

Absolutely EPIC find and GREAT video. No ads, no BS, just metal detecting a great spot. Congratulations in every way, man. You put in your time, you develop great gear and techniques and I am inspired to hunt the shoreline near me that has been inhabited for almost 400 years (much longer by the natives)! Best of luck in taking care of that coin. To find a coin with that significance in the water is mind-blowing. Wow.

Thanks for the input on the videos. i have contemplated more BS in them but i agree on the simplicity! thanks!
I subscribed to your channel and watched a few last night and enjoyed them all! (gold panning, flounder gigging, and the video associated with this thread) I'd watched the video of your civil war ammo pouch, but I guess it didn't occur to me at the time that I should look for your youtube channel. (I'm new to the whole channel following thing)

Wow, Incredible find! Thank you for sharing it with us!

Steve

Unbelievable find!! Big congrats man!!

wow! fantastic! Congrats

Congrats ... epic

i live in Hampton, take me hunting... nice find! really. Congrats!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back