The Fluted Point Club

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After seeing Dognose’s Clovis, I was thinking how lucky he is, and anyone else is, finding a fluted point. It’s kind of the holy grail of personal finds. So I’m starting an exclusive tnet club for fluted point finders. I’m nominating Dognose for member #1. Here’s his Clovis and it’s a stunner!
IMG_3950.jpeg

I’ll claim the #2 spot. My Clovis is a wimp compared to Dognose’s but it’s the real deal.
IMG_3951.jpeg

Post your fluted point find and claim your membership number. Clovis, Folsom, Cumberland, Barnes, Redstone, and just a couple of other obscure fluted points qualify. Personal finds only! Fragments of fluted points count as long as fluting is obvious. Show me some flutes!

Upvote 16
Yes it’s a personal and very very amateur find. I have heard so many times don’t clean old things because it may mess up things so i just didn’t wash it off.
Just tap water and a toothbrush will work. Don’t soak it in chemicals like vinegar

Is that sarcasm. I can’t tell. That’s ok if it is, I just don’t know much about native artifacts and really want to learn.
Sorry, I just had never seen a Clovis with the dirt still on it. When someone told you “not to clean it”, I think they meant you’re not supposed to scrub the patina off of it with chemicals or wire brushes or something. A rinse in the sink with a plastic brush won’t hurt it at all. And yes! That is a big find for anyone. Welcome to the club!

Samwordon, The "don't clean it" doesn't really apply to stone artifacts. By all means clean it. It's a beautiful point. You are very lucky to find something like that for your first find. That's a fluted clovis. It's. a paleo period point. 10- 15,000 years old. Gives me chills just looking at it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back