Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know some of you were following the cat saga. I had to have him put down, he apparently had fluid retention in his abdomen, and a very large mass as well as the kidney failure. He had turned into a monster last night and tried to go after me. I had some kitty morphine in liquid form (kitty prescription) and gave him some last night and this morning. so it was relatively easy to catch him this morning, a miracle in itself. Stinks though. He was almost 16 and I had him for 12 years.

Last edited:

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know some of you were following the cat saga. I had to have him put down, he apparently had fluid retention in his abdomen, and a very large mass as well as the kidney failure. He had turned into a monster last night and tried to go after me. I had some kitty morphine in liquid form and gave him some last night and this morning. so it was relatively easy. Stinks though. He was almost 16 and I had him for 12 years.
I am sorry for your loss. Our animals are family members. And some seem closer than most family members. My best friend is an Australian Terrier named Molli. I am her best friend too. I know how you must feel.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smokey I am so sorry for you my words do not heal your loss. You will see him again heaven

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to keep his pic in the avatar. We had a nice kitty funeral. I don't know if I'll get another pet when these last three go and it will most likely be before the fall. But I don't know apparently for sure. I thought Smokey would be the last two go as they said 1-2 years. More like 2 months. Thanks all.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. I'll get over it after I'm dead. Little While has to go Monday. Renal failure. Going to try to get him to eat more and get fluids under the skin temporarily.

I did get to dig today. Had a bang up day. More than I got the rest of the whole season combined. Nothing pricey, but still...

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So sorry to hear that Smokey. I know he was a good boy and it was a relief to not see him suffering anymore. My dad and his wife had to put their cat down on Friday too and he was about the same age as your cat. Glad you got to go digging.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions