ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry to hear about your furry friends, Smokey! I've had to put down too many furry friends (cats and dogs) I have dearly loved in my life, so I fully understand your loss.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My other cat, Little Wiley, is losing weight catastrophically. He has kidney disease. He has a vet appt tomorrow afternoon...

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They tear pieces of your heart off when they go. Buy they are worth it.

Condolences.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I almost lost the other one today, but they gave me some fluids to administer under the skin and he (temporarily) bounced back. His time is very short, but it was nice to have him "back" today.

Last edited:

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know some of you were following the cat saga. I had to have him put down, he apparently had fluid retention in his abdomen, and a very large mass as well as the kidney failure. He had turned into a monster last night and tried to go after me. I had some kitty morphine in liquid form (kitty prescription) and gave him some last night and this morning. so it was relatively easy to catch him this morning, a miracle in itself. Stinks though. He was almost 16 and I had him for 12 years.
It’s always sad to lose a pet. They certainly become part of your family in short order. Sorry for your loss.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The thing is with cats, is they all have their own personality....
No such thing as a cat just like another... some are hunters, some are lap cats, others are loners, and some are A-holes...(like one of mine).... but every one of them have touched us with a fond emotional bond that we are happy to have. When we lose one, it sucks.... but time goes by, it gets easier.
Sorry you are going through this, most of us have, and you will again. It’s the price we pay for giving our heart to a pet.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know some of you were following the cat saga. I had to have him put down, he apparently had fluid retention in his abdomen, and a very large mass as well as the kidney failure. He had turned into a monster last night and tried to go after me. I had some kitty morphine in liquid form (kitty prescription) and gave him some last night and this morning. so it was relatively easy to catch him this morning, a miracle in itself. Stinks though. He was almost 16 and I had him for 12 years.
So sorry to hear you lost your fur baby

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im a cat lover smokey.....I can relate.....I had one of my furry friends for 22 years !! It almost felt like I was gonna die of grief when the vet came to the house to do the deed. Woops....there goes a tear down my cheek now.....anyway may God bless your furry cat friend, and keep your head up and remember the good memories. Sorry for your loss smokey !!

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sorry for that loss Smokey, you didn't lose a pet, or a cat, you lost a friend, it's a painful experience many of us have had. Took the loss of a dog I had for 16yrs. pretty hard. Have a rescue that found me about four years ago now, not much good for anything except being a friend, but then, that's what it's all about anyway. In fact, this little guy has become my best pal ever. So...who rescued who? You can take comfort I'll bet that in the time that you had him, he never knew a single cruel day. He had his home and his human.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My cats have never gone hungry or thirsty. The never lacked for a cool spot in the summer or warmth in the winter. They never missed a vet appointment and never missed a shot. Smokey had cancer removed successfully some years ago, a skin cancer. Little Wiley had the same surgery when he was two. Toys, treats and attention were and are always available. People talk about the 1%. Well, my guys (and chickens) are in the 1% of the top 1%. $4k this last month and climbing...

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So for now, the 2nd cat who was deathly sick on May 2 or so is much, much better. The subcutaneous fluids almost literally brought him back from the dead. He is eating very well. The oldest one is now officially 19. Had a bad tummy ache today. Cleaning carpets tomorrow. He couldn't help it. The third one doesn't know he has cancer.

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
excal2, XP Deus, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry to hear about it stc.. While this mostly applies to dogs, it has helped me with
Rainbow-Bridge-Poem.jpg
a few of our furry pets.

Micheal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread