the gold nugget carved into something like a human/monkey?

zzyzx7

Sep 6, 2008
I am soooooooooooooooo sorry that I have neglected all of you people that have responded to my paragraph. I had some unfortunate problems come up on me in life since I wrote that and it kept me from being able to answer till now and the computers I was on before were ones that I was not allowed to use in that way. First of all, I do owe you all an apology and I deserved the bad talk too for not following the RULES correctly but the story I told you all is true, it did happen and the statute was a pure gold nugget. I had it checked at the Fort Worth gold and silver exchange. I can not take a picture because it was stolen out of my car by the three next door neighbor kids but I could never accuse them of it for sure. I gave them and their mother a ride to get groceries at the store and by the time we got back home I realized it was gone. I put it in the ashtray or my pocket before I went into the store, but that is the only explanation of its disappearance. I‘ve never seen it since. My brother looked at it one time and a few moments later he tossed it back at me and said “That thing is evil !” “keep it away from me”. And he never would look at it again. The PIC’S that you all have sent are really close and I do appreciate your help, especially without a picture from me to begin with. The pic from plehbah is a pretty close resemblance by shape of the face. The pic from Bigcypresshunter is very close except there was no hair and there was no big belly and the face was more elongated and the legs were more stretched out and both arms were like your monkeys left arm and the hands were cupped like it was holding something in them or offering something. It also had a tail curled around like a question mark. The space under its arms was solid, not see through. The space between both legs was also solid, not open. And finally, Blacksheep, WOW, that is really close. At first I thought it was related until I found it was from India. The one I found had no headdress of any kind and no clothing or anything. It was smooth and very detailed in shape and fingers and toes and feet were human, but it had a tail. The face looked almost like the Hanuman from a distance but up close, very close, it looked like a skull just like the cross-bones and skull. I again apologize for my blundering and I hope this solves the big mystery and I really don't expect an answer from any of you on this but I do thank you all for your help in the identity of this thing so far because I was really lost before. I use to be an over the road trucker an passed the sign ZZYZX RD just like you all had figured out........”GOOD WORK!!!!” I thought it was unique, so I remembered it. Because of the help that you all have done in my search, I now think that the statute I found came up from the south or the spanish or the Aztec. I found it in the area just outside of Bisbie Az. It was off the road about 50 yards laying right on top of the sand. It reflected the sun light into my eyes and I followed the reflection till I picked it up. I’ve wondered since if there was more there that didn’t reflect. Someday, I may return to look. I do respect your input. Thanx.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Im speechless.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,179920.0.html

zzyzx7 said:
The pic from Bigcypresshunter is very close except there was no hair and there was no big belly and the face was more elongated and the legs were more stretched out and both arms were like your monkeys left arm and the hands were cupped like it was holding something in them or offering something. ...

Attachments

• maui mike.jpg
    maui mike.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 472
  • maui mike.jpg
    maui mike.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 502
Upvote 0

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think someone also got the feeling like your brother and said “That thing is evil !” “keep it away from me”, and the driver stopped and someone chucked it as far as he could. Don't really think there will be another one there....

Upvote 0

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a legendary Chinese monkey king that was part human and part monkey so I am told? Monty

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread