What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED The Great Wat's It

sonofmitch

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2007
Messages
95
Reaction score
109
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lone Oak, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro ,Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This has worried me for years. I found in a port ghost town that was occupied twice during the Civil War. At each end of the 13 star arcs there is a pully which would indicate that it may have traveled along a string or wire. Has anyone else found one or seen anything like it?
 

Attachments

  • FB_IMG_1554581351405.webp
    FB_IMG_1554581351405.webp
    54.6 KB · Views: 155
  • FB_IMG_1554581342812.webp
    FB_IMG_1554581342812.webp
    47.9 KB · Views: 105
  • FB_IMG_1554581372063.webp
    FB_IMG_1554581372063.webp
    31.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_20151215_174431.webp
    IMG_20151215_174431.webp
    12.4 KB · Views: 100
Makes me think it was from a scale and the pulley wheels were for hanging item being weighed and the weight. IDK
 
Upvote 1
I could be wrong, but it seems to me something like this was featured before on treasure net and it turned out to be an early design for suspenders to hold up your heavier trouser or something like that.
 
Upvote 4
Clothesline pulley?
 
Upvote 0
I found the thread that may have solved this very thing before. Seems this very same one is now trying to be solved a 2nd time. Guess we're still not 100% sure what it is then.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 5
I found the thread that may have solved this very thing before. Seems this very same one is now trying to be solved a 2nd time. Guess we're still not 100% sure what it is then.
Great job. 👍👍👍👍
 
Upvote 0
I could be wrong, but it seems to me something like this was featured before on treasure net and it turned out to be an early design for suspenders to hold up your heavier trouser or something like that.
I’m positive it was but I don’t remember if it was ever identified.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom