What's new

The heavyest item I ever found VERY EARLY

csa1865

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2017
Messages
75
Reaction score
165
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I found this , I started not to dig it . BUT wanted to know what is was . Nearly popped my ears it was so loud . It was about guessing 20 inches deep . It took forever to get it out the ground , and when I did , I had to leave and go get a hand cart . It weighs 108 lbs . It is about 2 inches thick . I think it maybe was a iron pot that was used at a cast iron foundry . The handle is ruff but you can still lift the pot by it . I did LOTS OF CLEANING with a wire brush on a drill over the years .. 100_9727.webp100_9725.webp100_9726.webpWhat ya think ?
 
Congrats on the nice Iron Pot find! Not sure what it was used for but whatever it was used for, it was made to keep it hot/warm for a very long time. Could have been for melting lead or for cooking for troops to keep the food hot/warm especially at times when fires would have to be limited to keep from giving away your position.
 
Upvote 0
A very interesting piece with some cool history! Good Luck on the continued restoration! :occasion14:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom