Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The lake is unusually cold still for this time of year so nobody is going in the water. Also, the lake level is way up from last year so looking in chest-deep water puts you where dry beach was last year, so going deeper isn't an option.
Instead, I'm trying to concentrate on finding small beaches that are kind of obscure in hopes of finding things from summers past.
I found a pretty good spot that doesn't have much sand but gravel and rocks instead. Not easy to detect, but I only had to go in to my waist, which is good because it is very cold, even with my 7mil wetsuit on.
8June20231.jpeg

Both rings are 925. The gold plated one was actually an eyeball find in about 6 inches of water between some boulders.
8June20232.jpeg

This one shined up pretty nice.
8June20233.jpeg

I was just starting to hit targets, including the rings, after about two hours in the water, when a lightening storm suddenly gathered above me. Lightening time to thunder was under two seconds, so I high tailed it out of there. I tried to wait it out in the car for about an hour, but rain and hail were increasing so I went on home.

I'll have to try again when all this storm activity is over, about a week according to the forecasts.

Upvote 21

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The lake is unusually cold still for this time of year so nobody is going in the water. Also, the lake level is way up from last year so looking in chest-deep water puts you where dry beach was last year, so going deeper isn't an option.
Instead, I'm trying to concentrate on finding small beaches that are kind of obscure in hopes of finding things from summers past.
I found a pretty good spot that doesn't have much sand but gravel and rocks instead. Not easy to detect, but I only had to go in to my waist, which is good because it is very cold, even with my 7mil wetsuit on.
View attachment 2088037

Both rings are 925. The gold plated one was actually an eyeball find in about 6 inches of water between some boulders.
View attachment 2088038

This one shined up pretty nice.
View attachment 2088039

I was just starting to hit targets, including the rings, after about two hours in the water, when a lightening storm suddenly gathered above me. Lightening time to thunder was under two seconds, so I high tailed it out of there. I tried to wait it out in the car for about an hour, but rain and hail were increasing so I went on home.

I'll have to try again when all this storm activity is over, about a week according to the forecasts.
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions